Outside Sales Representative
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Three-piece suits. Cold calls in a cubicle. Lone wolves.Nope.
Not here. At Terminix Nation, we view sales as the natural result
of building strong relationships and solving customers problems. If
you re nodding your head right now, we d love to meet you.Our sales
team is the engine that keeps Terminix running. And we reward the
team accordingly with a competitive salary and benefits including
medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) with company match, and more.
There are also opportunities to get trained, gain new skills, and
build an awesome career.
But first things first. When you start in sales at Terminix Nation,
you ll get down and dirty. You ll learn how to inspect and identify
infestations (or conditions conducive to infestations) of all kinds
of organisms, insects, birds, or other pests. Sounds awesome,
right? You ll learn all about what we do and how you can make your
clients homes safer and their lives better. Once you know that, you
ll turn your talents to proposals and presentations that result in
As a Residential Sales Professional, here s what you can expect
- You won t be tied to a desk. You ll be out and about mobile,
independent, and growing your career on your own terms. You ll be
the face of Terminix to your local community (with the backing of a
national brand), and your clients will count on you to protect
their homes and their families.
- When you first join Terminix Nation, you ll spend a few months
in training. Once you ve got that and some state required licenses
and certificates under your belt, you ll take the lead with your
- You ll get rewarded with competitive pay and robust benefits to
cover you and your family. As a teammate, you will be eligible for
a 401(k) with company match, company-paid life insurance, tuition
reimbursement, and a generous student loan repayment program. You
put in the work, and you ll reap the rewards.
- You ll be part of a community bonus points if you re already a
leader in yours. Our bonds are strong at Terminix Nation and the
relationships we develop in the communities we serve are
unparalleled. Our teammates give back through volunteering,
donations, scholarships, and more.
- You ll be onboarded and trained by the best of em. You ll get
paid to get licensed, something you ll have for a lifetime. You ll
know how to bust bugs at home, too.
What your days will look like
- Hit the books with training modules and hit the streets with
on-the-job training with your teammates. You ll learn product
knowledge and sales techniques for selling the full suite of
Terminix products. We ll train and support you through state
licensing and other company requirements.
- You ll inspect and assess pest problems with precision and
suggest Terminix solutions following company policy and pricing
- You must be obsessed with the customer s experience delivering
exceptional service, following up to ensure satisfaction, and
thinking creatively about how to grow the relationship. And if an
account is delinquent, you ll need to handle that with grace and
- Of course, you ve got to like to sell solutions to problems.
You will be expected to meet and greet potential customers to
generate new business for the branch.
- There s an opportunity to grow into a role you re passionate
about and fits your skillset whether that s management or another
opportunity at Terminix.
There are some things you ll just need to have or know to join
Terminix Nation as a Residential Sales Professional.
- A high school education or GED.
- A valid driver s license from your current state of
- Strong social, customer service, and communication skills in
fact, we d be really impressed if you came to this role with
related experience and/or training in sales.
- Some basic math skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. You ll need to be able to follow instructions for mixing
on product labels.Straight talk about the physical demands of our
We re not going to sugarcoat it. The essential functions of this
job have some physical demands (of course, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.) Here s what we mean:
- You ve got to be able to move up to 10 lbs. regularly and 11 20
lbs. frequently, whether that s lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- You ll move around a lot regularly sitting, climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. You ll go
up and down stairs, ladders, scaffolding, ramps, and poles. And you
ll need to keep your balance when walking, standing, or crouching
on narrow, slippery, or moving surfaces. (You ll definitely get
your steps in.)
- You must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and make
sure it and all other equipment is kept clean.
- The vision to perform detail-oriented activities at distances
close to the eyes or within arm s reach.
- Sometimes you ll need to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE), like an OSHA-compliant respirator, and you ll need to be
okay with regularly working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or
passageways (you know, where critters live).
Terminix companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and
Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those
California residents click here to review your privacy rights.
Keywords: Terminix, Allentown , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!