Company: Dorney Park
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Overview: $28 / hour This is a Full Time, Year Round Position
with medical, dental and vision benefits and paid vacation and sick
time. On the Job Training Provided! Dorney Park is looking for
mechanically inclined individuals to join our Ride Maintenance
Team. As a Full Time Ride Mechanic you will be trained and
certified to perform inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting,
repair, and annual rehabilitation of a variety of amusement rides
and attractions. Amazing views on the park as climbing and working
safely at various heights is an essential part of this job.
Responsibilities: Position responsibilities, after training,
include but are not limited to:
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and other required
inspections of amusement rides and related equipment as assigned;
taking corrective actions as issues are identified. Inspections are
visual as well as auditory.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance,
inspects, repairs and tests amusement rides and related equipment.
This may include repair or replacement of major components on a
wide variety of mechanical devices.
- Trouble shoots a variety of mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic
systems and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Maintains orderly and accurate records of all required
inspections and work performed.
- Communicates the status of assigned rides both verbally and in
- Reads, understands and applies information from manufacturer's
manuals for service, repair and or component replacement.
Accurately reads blue prints (mechanical, pneumatic, and
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 2 to 4 years of mechanical experience. Industrial, auto or
amusement setting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic mechanical principles such as gear
ratios, torque, proper use of common hand tools, common mechanical
- Familiarity with common types of bearings, bushings, couplers,
shafting and similar power transmission components.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fundamental principles of either
pneumatic systems or hydraulic systems; preferably both.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast paced and
sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to work safely and effectively while elevated on
ladders, platforms, or other structures at heights up to 300 feet
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
business needs.Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test,
per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Valid State Driver's License required.
Keywords: Dorney Park, Allentown , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!