Manager - Contract Administration
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Manager - Contract Administration(Job Number: 2212356)
This position is a multipurpose task position.
- It exists to manage the workflow in the department and
supervise the Contract Analysts supporting the Solution
- It exists to provide experienced based guidance, consultation,
and recommendations to Penske Logistics Senior Leadership, Penske
Solution team members, and Penske Logistics field operations.
Recommendations include identification of contractual risks,
explanation of contractual language, presentation of alternatives,
and bringing attention to possible contractual gaps not addressed
in customer proposed contracts.
- It exists to provide training to new and existing Penske
Logistics associates concerning contract structure, contract
language, and contract processes that support the Solution team and
Penske Logistics field operations. (Associates commonly trained are
Solution team staff, Project Managers, and Sales
- It exists to assist the Solutions Team and field operations in
securing new, additional and renewal business. For example, once a
prospect/customer has communicated its interest in securing such a
relationship contractually, Contract Administration will work with
the Solutions Team until such contract is effective. This entails
gathering data such as terms, conditions and operational
descriptions, securing pricing and credit, working with PTL to
secure equipment leases and literally writing a contract for legal
review and subsequently, the customer s signature. Contract
Administration is also responsible for communicating any such new,
add or renewal business to the organization so that a customer s
internal records for billing, accounting and the like are set up
accordingly. Similarly, Contract Administration is also responsible
for tracking and documenting (in the contract) all operational
adjustments and communicating such adjustments to the organization
so that internal records are up-to-date.
- It exists to develop and construct legal contracts and
documents supporting the expansion in Logistics product lines with
broadening scope of support.
- It exists to develop and construct legal contracts and
documents supporting the development of cross border activities
between Canada, United States, and Mexico.
- It exists to assist the field operations in updating contracts
for annual rate changes, standard equipment changes, and standard
renewals. Responsible for obtaining signatures on final approved
documents and distributing and scanning documents as
- It exists to provide for the preparation of third party Carrier
schedules to document specific customer terms and conditions that
vary from the Carrier standards. For example, comparing customer
contract requirements against our standard Carrier agreements and
preparing the necessary amendments.
- It exists to assist the backhaul program for fulfilling
customers empty lanes. Review the backhaul agreement, work with
legal to finalize contract terms, and facilitate execution of the
- It exists to provide monthly sales reporting for the
organization. This entails tracking all new, add and renewal
business. This further requires validating all such business by
securing credit, an approved proforma/pricing, a signed contract,
and corresponding PTL Schedules.
- It exists to administer the Logistics Sales Commissions Plan.
This entails tracking and observing deal activity; identifying gray
areas; and communicating potential conflicts to Finance and HR
leadership. This activity enables final judgment decisions to
provide an opportunity for a commission payment.
- It exists to provide various reports to the organization such
as the 60 Day Review and regular report outs on Worker s Comp. and
A/L G/L rate information.
- It exists to coordinate contractual insurance and financial
requirements with Risk Management and Finance departments. This
includes ensuring adherence to broader finance and risk
requirements such as revenue recognition. This also includes
supporting internal and external Audit requests.
- It exists to support Sales and Solution team members with the
customer during contract reviews by understanding customer
requirements and explaining Penske Logistics contract language.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. If no degree, equivalent work
experience is required
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- 5+ years business experience (transportation experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Contract Analyst
- 3+ years of Supervisor experience
- Intermediate - Microsoft office tools Word, Excel, Outlook, and
- Advanced - Legal Document Construction
- Intermediate - Legal Correspondence
- Intermediate - Time Management
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Listening/Speaking understanding points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, conveying information
- Understanding the implications of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Manage multiple project with competing deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Allentown , Manager - Contract Administration, Professions , Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!