Electrician - Hiring Now
Company: Heidelberg Materials US, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
AutoReqId: 16060BR Pay Class: Hourly Hourly Pay Rate: 37.47
Department: Maintenance Job Posting: Heidelberg Materials is
seeking an Instrumentation Electrician to join our team in
Nazareth, PA. Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build
our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And
it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete.
Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh
Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000
employees in the U.S. and Canada. HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO Are
you in the market for a job that is Electrifying? The Shift
Electrician will install, maintain, and repair
electrical/electronic systems, components and apparatus for
machinery and equipment in an industrial setting. This role is a
great opportunity for motivated individuals who perform
installation, maintenance repair, design and troubleshooting to
electrical and instrument equipment.
- Test and diagnose electrical instrumentation and control
- Discusses operation variations with supervisors or other
electrical and maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair
- Installs power or instrumentation wiring and conduit for
machinery and equipment.
- Replaces or repairs faulty electrical components of machinery,
such as relays, motors, switches, printed circuit boards and
position sensing devices. Rewires motors.
- Uses PC and PLC programming to troubleshoot process control
issues for automated machinery. Calibrates instrumentation using
- Troubleshoots and repairs variable speed drives, process
analyzers and measuring equipment.
- Assists with project research to include system dynamics and
control loop algorithms and contributes to system design for
retrofit and upgrade of existing equipment.
- Plans layout of wiring and system installation within
- Reads blueprints, schematic drawings and manuals to determine
work procedures and diagnose problems. Will update prints to
reflect field changes.
- Uses standard hand tools, instruments and power tools as
- Follows oral or written instructions and work assignments.
Completes checklists and work orders as required. Maintains records
and logs of preventive electrical maintenance activities.
- Maintains general cleanliness of work areas. Maintains all
tools and equipment used on the job in good working order.
- Participates in the training of apprentices and new
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use
of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant
environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor
problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for
resolution. HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or
- Certification as an Industrial Electrician; or equivalent
combination of education and training.
- System knowledge of HMI and PLC control systems.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area,
circumference, volume, percentages, and ratios; and, Ability to
apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry in practical
- Ability to work extended hours and irregular schedules
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as individually, on
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the
waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist),
kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting,
repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands,
use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both
feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods
of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e.
weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up
to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory
and other personal protective equipment BRING YOUR HUMBLE
OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER! At
Heidelberg Materials, we care a great deal about your health which
is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly
competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs.
In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an
automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
No search firms please Heidelberg Materials is a drug free
workplace Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority
/ Female / Veteran / Disabled
Keywords: Heidelberg Materials US, Inc., Allentown , Electrician - Hiring Now, Professions , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!