Company: Communities In Schools of Eastern Pennsylvania
Posted on: January 21, 2023
A Site Coordinator is a school-based professional who implements
the Communities In Schools evidence-based model of integrated
Student Supports through coordinated efforts with the principal and
leadership team. The Site Coordinator conducts a school-wide needs
assessment; plans school-wide, group-level, and individualized
supports to address identified needs; monitors the effectiveness of
provided supports and adjusts them accordingly; and tracks student
and school data and reports on outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create an inventory of needs and assets within a school
community by collecting objective data and surveying students,
families and school staff.
- Collaborate with school administrators and staff to plan
school-wide, group-level and individual student supports that
address the most highly prioritized needs with the school.
- Establish a School Support Team compromised of various school
staff who can meet regularly to support the coordinator and
delivery of the planned programs and services.
- Partner with volunteers, nonprofits, government agencies within
the community to bring vital resources into the school, where
students and families can access them.
- Case manage students identified as at-risk of dropout, based on
their attendance, behavior, course performance and identified risk
- Strengthen relationships between school and the
parent/guardians through meaningful communication and family
- Collect, track, and report data regarding school-wide, group
level, and individual student outcomes using the CIS web-based data
- Administer annual surveys to assess effectiveness of student
and family programs.
- Deliver quarterly progress reports to School Support Team and
- Research and apply best practices from other Communities In
Schools sites and from local and national educational and service
- Participate in CIS training and professional development.
- Attend CIS events and school events as required.
- Serve a well-informed ambassador in furthering the CIS mission,
its goals and programs.
- Additional Responsibilities.
- Remain mission focused and student driven.
- Be an ambassador of CIS.
- Seek and recommend solutions and improvements.
- Deliver upon schedules and plans.
- Comply with agency policies and procedures and promote agency
values and culture.
- May provide off-hours support.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned- this position is
expected to evolve over time.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of
representatives from public and private service organizations,
public education, neighborhood organizations, parent/guardian
groups, and local government.
- Knowledge of local human service networks and community
- Ability to manage details and work in team environment
- Highest degree of personal integrity
- Courteous, respectful, and collaborative approach.
- Personal initiative and resourcefulness
- Top quality standards for own work.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field, Masters
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, more experience
- Experience in case management, youth counseling, oral and
written communications, advocacy and negotiating, networking and
team building, information gathering and data collection.
- Experienced leadership for on-site coordination of service
providers, volunteers, parents, students and school staff
- Full-time, exempt
- Schedule may vary according to programmatic needs, events and
- On-going employment in this capacity is dependent on
availability of funding
Reports to: Program manager
Keywords: Communities In Schools of Eastern Pennsylvania, Allentown , Site Coordinator, Professions , Macungie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!