Forklift Operator Third - Shift
Company: United Natural Foods
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Forklift Operator Third - ShiftUnited States of America,
Pennsylvania, SchnecksvilleLogistics / Warehouse Operations Post
Date Aug 03, 2022 Requisition # 146057 Sign Up for Job Alerts Join
our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of
conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United
States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with
200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply
thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes
families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned
stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you
ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about
what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today.
- Sunday-Thursday / 9pm Start Time
- $20.25 an hour + Incentives
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunity Position Purpose: Responsible
for moving product. A forklift operator at United Natural Foods is
required to have a strong understanding of his lift, the loads
he/she is carrying, productivity measures and safety procedures.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift
for the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet and
replenishment discrepancies sheet.
- Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection
- Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no
requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or
almost empty slots.
- Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
- Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in
- Verifies that the correct product is being put in the
appropriate pick location.
- Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
- Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles.
Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in
pallet staging area.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Parks and recharges lift in its appropriate spot at the end of
- Immediately informs a lead, supervisor, or manager of any
potential safety violations or violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location Performance
- Operating a forklift in accordance with Company standards and
- Including quality standards and safety regulations.
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company
personnel and with
- Management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Deadlines are met. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the
warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one or two step instructions and to deal with ordinary,
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding;
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four
basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units
such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound.
- Able to read and communicate in English. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected
veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to
creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Additional
Keywords: United Natural Foods, Allentown , Forklift Operator Third - Shift, Professions , Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!