Forklift Operator Third - Shift
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
* Sunday-Thursday / 9pm Start Time
* $20.25 an hour + Incentives
* Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
* Growth and professional development opportunities.
* Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much
* Full-time employment opportunity
Responsible for moving product. A forklift operator at United
Natural Foods is required to have a strong understanding of his
lift, the loads he/she is carrying, productivity measures and
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
* Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift for
the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet and replenishment
* Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection
* Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no
requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or
almost empty slots.
* Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
* Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in
* Verifies that the correct product is being put in the appropriate
* Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
* Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles.
Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in
pallet staging area.
* Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
* Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
* Parks and recharges lift in its appropriate spot at the end of
* Immediately informs a lead, supervisor, or manager of any
potential safety violations or violation of company policy.
* Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location
* Operating a forklift in accordance with Company standards and
* Including quality standards and safety regulations.
* Effective communication and coordination exist with Company
personnel and with
* Management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
* Deadlines are met.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Understanding of Safety guidelines
* Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF
* Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
* Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the
warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one or two step instructions and to deal with ordinary,
* Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding;
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four
basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units
such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound.
* Able to read and communicate in English.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
* Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Allentown , Forklift Operator Third - Shift, Professions , Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!