Technician - Material Handler - Pain Control 3rd Shift
Company: B.Braun Medical Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations,
B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of
healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is
committed to delivering innovative products and services with
unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness,
while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its
"Sharing Expertise -" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices
for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B.
Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc.
began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company
manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s
and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and
enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the
acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture
Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS -), B. Braun dramatically broadened
its product lines and services to U.S. customers. U.S. Facilities
and Operations: Supporting product sales are a network of
nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem,
Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with
the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM),
Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM
Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS -) is
also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown,
Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety
Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture
products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and
Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The
Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and
Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump
Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration
and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities Position Summary: The primary responsibility of a
Technician - Material Handler is to stock, organize, and maintain
components on the production floor. They must possess an overall
knowledge of GMP's, ISO, and OSHA requirements in the manufacturing
environment. This position shall operate in accordance with company
policies & procedures, FDA regulations, ISO standards, the Canadian
Medical Device Regulations (CMDR) and the Medical Device Directives
(MDD). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Must show aptitude in required skill set.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in team environment.
- Must demonstrate safe working practices.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction.
- Understand the difference between good/bad parts.
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean at all times.
- Must be able to drive various type of fork lifts and perform
- Maintain an orderly production floor
- Clean empty totes.
- Fill solvent containers.
- Empty solvent waste containers.
- Lift components in totes above head to fill line.
- Must be familiar in basic SAP transactions.
- Perform weigh outs and overages in a timely manner.
- Order materials to jobs.
- Must possess the knowledge and recognition of the importance of
batch control and inventory accuracy.
- Ability to explain and work within B. Braun Quality Management
- Move pallets/control production flow.
- Load vinyl and paper onto blister lines.
- 14.Palletize materials.
- Handle plastics recycling.
- Monitor floor supplies/Perform batch management.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform job duties with
- Capable of reading blue prints and assembly drawings.
- Work within Company Safety policies
- Understand and apply principles of Lean. Expertise: Knowledge &
- High School Diploma / GED
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three
to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Desired: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands
to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at Equal Opportunity
Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled Through its "Sharing
Expertise -" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for
continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Keywords: B.Braun Medical Inc., Allentown , Technician - Material Handler - Pain Control 3rd Shift, Professions , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!