Molding Technician - 12 Hour Night Rotating Shift - IM
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: August 4, 2022
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® . Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit . Responsibilities
Position Summary: A Mold Technician must be able to operate all
Injection Molding and related ancillary equipment in a safe and
effective manner. They must also understand and perform all related
tasks such as part inspection, material handling, and all pertinent
documentation. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Follows established procedures and guidelines to manufacture
the organizations products according to specifications and
schedules, volume, cost and waste targets, or quality
- Operates machines and production equipment safely and in
accordance with instructions.
- Monitors the quality of output to identify, discard or
- Troubleshoots problems by contributing to team with input,
feedback and/or ideas for improvement.
- Maintains accurate daily production records so that
manufacturing performance can be collected and analyzed.
- Focus on Plastics processing.
- Higher level job functions may include training peers,
assisting in equipment maintenance and leading teams. The job
function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any
responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to
take a reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and
other persons." Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply basic working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs basic level shop floor competencies.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Work is
typically checked and monitored on a routine basis.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 0.5-02 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed
and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate work - Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force
constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Sit,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Handling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction,
loud (hearing protection required), Stooping/squatting, Talking -
ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and
downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of
vision/peripheral, Sitting , Standing
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:N/A What We Offer B. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise® initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Allentown , Molding Technician - 12 Hour Night Rotating Shift - IM, Professions , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!