Location: East Greenville
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for directing and
prioritizing daily activities within the department for all trades
(mechanics, pipefitters, electricians, and machinist) and outside
contractors to support the efficient operations of the facility,
ensuring all safety and quality procedures are followed, and to
assist in the application of the preventative maintenance program,
responding to equipment failures in a timely manner, and
prioritizing issues and worker assignments based on skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
- Plan, assign, coordinate, set priorities and evaluate work of
the maintenance staff; providing direction regarding repairs,
preventative maintenance, and trouble shooting of
- Identify areas for equipment, process or work procedure
improvement and communicate with manager.
- Ensure staff adherence to all company policies and procedures
including safety, HAACP, GMP; address any violations through
coaching; utilize support from human resources as
- Utilize CMMS program to manage all work orders, evaluate
effectiveness and efficiency of the department and to identify
areas for improvement.
- Ensure operations and scheduling is kept informed of down time
durations and repair status.
- Communicate between areas and shifts to ensure people
understand status of repairs, equipment downtime and
- Complete incident paperwork as necessary for all food and/or
safety incidents; work with quality and safety regarding any
- Conduct accident investigations and complete incident paperwork
- Inspect department for general housekeeping and equipment
repair, request work orders as necessary
- Work closely with the production management team to ensure
operations are functioning efficiently with goal of meeting
commitments made to customers.
- Demonstrate positive leadership practices including setting
clear goals with employees and providing regular feedback.
- Ensure implementation and effectiveness of new hire training,
cross training, training on revised SOP procedures or transfer
training for assigned area.
- Identify areas of need for hiring and cross-training to ensure
staff qualified to meet the needs of the department and internal
customers; develop career plans and training opportunities for
- Conduct routine crew meetings to review departmental goals,
address opportunities for improvement and discuss
- Address performance issues through coaching, mentoring.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Two-year Technical Degree or journeyman experience
Five years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
with heavy process equipment and supervisory experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, safety rules, operating instructions and drawings
- Proficient in current computer software - Microsoft Office,
Excel; experience with CMMS software preferably Infor EAM or
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Electrical Schematics
Keywords: Blommer, Allentown , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!