CDL Transport Driver ($10,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Apply online or call today: (855) 371-8510
REGIONAL CLASS A DRIVERS
PTI (Propane Transport International)
Are you looking for more home time?
Generous pay with Bonus Incentives?
Assigned Equipment with no slip-seating?
If so, PTI (Propane Transport International) is looking for
What PTI has to offer:
- Stability : Affiliated with AmeriGas, the nation's largest
- Miles : Steady work year-round
- Compensation : Competitive pay and a wide-range of
- Bonuses : We offer incentives for Safety and performance, among
- Benefits : Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental. Uniforms,
Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation and Holiday time - Just to name a
- 401K : Company Match up to 5%
- Equipment : Late model tractors - No Slip-seating
- Safety : AmeriGas is committed to Safety and provides PPE,
training, 24-hour response and state of the art equipment
When you work for PTI, you are affiliated with AmeriGas Propane and
you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is
the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million
residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane
customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will
deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+
distribution points across the United States.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Transport Driver operate a tractor with a tanker trailer
(11,000 gallon capacity) to pick up products at the supply point
(e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it
to area facilities.
PTI Drivers are Regional Drivers that may be out overnight 2-3 days
per week depending on our customers' needs.
Perform required daily vehicle inspections
Drive assigned Tractor/tanker trailer (No slip-seating) to pick up
propane and deliver to area AmeriGas facilities
Safely and efficiently transfer product between transport and bulk
Maintain DOT compliance
Provide excellent customer service
Adhere to AmeriGas and PTI's World Class Safety principles
Excellent/professional communication skills
- 3 Years verifiable Tractor and Trailer Experience with a
minimum of 200,000 miles.
- Must hold a Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Card
- No at Fault Accidents in the previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the previous 2 years
- Seasonal out of area work is required and could have a duration
of 3-4 weeks hauling products other than propane.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity)
to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline
terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas
facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and
deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and
working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the
driver's time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and
deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is
required to load or unload the truck.
• Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane
into the tanker.
• Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses
stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the
truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter;
and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
• Perform twice daily truck inspections.
• May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at
the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
• 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
• 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
• Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
• Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
• No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
• No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class
in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who
are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: Medical, Delivery, Supply, Truck Driver, Refinery,
Healthcare, Retail, Operations, Energy
Call us today: (855) 371-8510 Or apply online below.
Keywords: AmeriGas/PTI, Allentown , CDL Transport Driver ($10,000 Sign-On Bonus), Professions , Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!