Part-Time Production Associate
Company: Great Northern Corp
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Employees are Our Greatest Asset!
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation's largest
independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five
decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for
integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial,
commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by
our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit,
and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and
a shared future" is a call to action to deliver on building a
people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending
people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win"
for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us
be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what
others can't or won't" gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar
for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our
customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers,
value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative
solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here
are some details about the position.
PART-TIME VB TEAM MEMBER POSITION!
Available shifts include: 6:15am to 10:15am; 10:15am to 2:15pm;
2:15pm to 6:15pm; 6:15pm to 10:15pm; 10:15pm to 2:15am & 2:15am to
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern offers our employees
a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
$16.50 per hour plus $1.25 per hour shift differential depending on
Production Supervisor/Operations Manager
Accumulate, count & pack goods produced on the VBoard machine.
Inspect all goods as they come off the line for proper lamination,
pieces sticking together, correct length and general appearance of
printing. Help to produce the finest quality product at rates and
standards consistent with the Company's desire to be a Preferred
Supplier of cost effective, top quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER
DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
1. Produce product at targeted production rates and waste
2. Set a safe & steady speed that targets scheduled need,
productivity and waste goals.
3. Plan & set up correct paper, footage, caliper and width to
operate machine for corresponding customer orders.
4. Read & understand computer based production scheduling system &
5. Supply appropriate type & amount of paper.
6. Constantly monitor & act upon quality and inform the machine
adjuster & others.
7. Pack product in quality manner per packing standards.
8. Have proper skids ready for start-ups. Build, band, stack and
wrap skids to customer specifications.
9. May require working up to 12 hour shifts to cover for vacations
and other absences.
10. Assist in all phases of Plant machine operations (including
Legacy) as needed for breaks, vacations, changes or special
11. All other duties as required by Production Supervisors or
1. Assist in all phases of machine and department operation as
needed for breaks, changes, or special projects.
2. Keep up to date with any ongoing machine improvements.
3. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
4. Foster an attitude of lean thinking, sustain improvements and
follow lean initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Must hold a high school diploma or general education degree
(GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations.
Great Northern is an equal opportunity at will employer and does
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Min Hiring Rate $16.50
* Job Start Date Monday, February 22, 2021
* Great Northern Laminations East, 7220 Schantz Road, 7220 Schantz
Road, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Keywords: Great Northern Corp, Allentown , Part-Time Production Associate, Professions , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!