Posted on: October 11, 2019
Job BriefService Coordinator for PA Community HealthChoices
requiring Bachelors Degree orin lieu of a Bachelor?s degree have at
least three or more years? experience in a social service or
healthcare related settingYour career starts now. We?re looking for
the next generation of health care leaders.At AmeriHealth Caritas,
we?re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build
healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care
solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the
lives of millions of people through our national footprint of
products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas
is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team.
Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a
difference, we?d like to hear from you.Headquartered in
Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization
with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive,
outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated
managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and
specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other
administrative services. Discover more about us at
www.amerihealthcaritas.com.Responsibilities:The CHC Service
Coordinator assists participants who need LTSS in obtaining the
services they need as required by CHC. He or she contributes to the
LTSS care coordination process by performing telephonic and/or
face-to-face assessments for the identification, evaluation,
coordination and management of participant?s needs, including
physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term
services and supports.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the participant-centered planning and service (PCPS)
delivery process and oversee its implementation.
- Identify, coordinate, and assist participants in gaining access
to needed LTSS services and other Covered Services, as well as
non-covered medical, social, housing, educational, and other
services and supports.
- Provides information to participants and facilitates access to,
locating, coordinating, and monitoring needed services and supports
- Informs participants about available LTSS required needs
assessments, the PCSP process, service alternatives and service
- Informs participants of their rights and assists with the
complaint, grievance, and DHS Fair Hearing.
- Collects additional necessary information, including
participant preferences, strengths, and goals to inform the
development of the PCSP.
- Conducts reevaluation of level of care annually or more
frequently as needed in accordance with CHC requirements.
- Works with the participant to complete activities necessary to
maintain LTSS eligibilityEducation/Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree in social work, psychology or other related
fields. OR?in lieu of a Bachelor?s degree have at least three (3)
or more years? experience in a social service or healthcare related
- Experience working in social service or health care related
- Valid driver?s license required.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or seniors in
need of LTSS.
- Knowledge of the home and community-based service system and
how to access and arrange for services.
- Experience conducting LTSS needs assessments and monitoring
- Cultural competency and the ability to provide informed
- Ability to interact with health care professionals in a
- Ability to travel locally, in the assigned community,?up to
Keywords: AmeriHealth, Allentown , Service Coordinator-CHC, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!