Bank Associate III
Company: Provident Bank
Posted on: June 14, 2019
How would you like to join a successful and growing multi-billion
dollar bank with branches in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania?
Provident Bank is looking for a talented Bank Associate to work in
our Allentown, Pennsylvania branch on West Hamilton Street. With
your commitment in the Bank Associate role, Provident Bank can help
you develop in your career and climb the ladder of success!
Starting salary for this position will range from $29,250 to
$35,600 based on qualifications and experience.
The Bank Associate III responsibilities may vary day to day based
on the work that needs to be done in the branch that day.
Responsibilities include responding to customers' needs by
processing a variety of financial transactions including but not
limited to check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments
and/or greeting customers, performing customer needs assessment
(profiling), opening accounts, cross selling, tele-consulting,
developing relationships thru a book of business, and servicing
accounts. The Bank Associate III may also research and resolve
account issues or customer inquiries, promotes organizational
products and services by referring current or prospective customers
to other departments within the organization.
This position is responsible for managing and balancing cash
drawers well as meeting sales expectations, which include deposit,
loan and revenue generating referrals. Responsibilities may also
include assisting the banking center supervisor with Teller line
and end of day functions and preparing daily paperwork according to
Works under general supervision.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Opens and/or closes Branch
- Researches errors in deposits and withdrawals; consults with
supervisor for more complex issues
- Assists with daily Branch proofing tasks including ATM and
- May buy and sell cash from vault & TCR
- Processes official checks
- Participates in both internal and external sales activities
including community and networking events
- Supports and adheres to branch operation standards; accurately
and efficiently completes all paperwork, disclosures and
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures as
- Prepares and/or completes CTR/SAR form on appropriate
- Must be able to work a flexible hourly schedule as
- May be asked to travel to other locations / branches
- May be required to maintain Life Insurance Licensing
- Accepts and processes loan applications.
- Assists in training other branch personnel
- Is responsible for managing and growing a
- Supplements general platform sales and service responsibilities
- Provides access to safe deposit boxes
- Must present a professional image
- Perform other duties as required
- Good interpersonal skills, including listening, written and
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a
courteous and professional manner
- Solid math and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and follow safety and security
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability (strong) to build relationships through consultative
conversations and to identify customer needs and translate those
needs to sales opportunities
- Strong customer service/advocacy skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good PC skills; and the ability to quickly learn other computer
programs, including Microsoft office
High school diploma or GED
1 - 2 years in a retail sales/service environment
Banking experience a plus
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATES
Licenses and Certifications Expiration Date
Work is mainly performed under general office conditions in a
retail-banking establishment. Willing and able to work required
overtime. Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches.
Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to adapt to new job
locations and reassignments as directed.
Those present in a retail-banking establishment. In the course of
working with customers, the employee may encounter abusive,
aggressive or unpredicted threatening behavior. Must observe safety
and security practices at the Branch.
This job description may not be all-inclusive. Employees are
expected to perform other duties as assigned and directed by
management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed
appropriate by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Provident Bank, Allentown , Bank Associate III, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!