Craftsperson - Mfg Maint Plast
Company: B. Braun Medical Inc
Posted on: November 16, 2023
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Craftsperson - Mfg Maint Plast
Job ID: 2023-23047
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Allentown Mfg Facility
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap and CAPS. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in
order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and
equipment to increase its efficiency.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of
- For more senior position, might act as a team leader to ensure
that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team
- Documents activities accordingly.
- Focus on Plastics processing and Mold maintenance.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include
any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply basic working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs basic level shop floor competencies.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Work is
typically checked and monitored on a routine basis.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and
subordinates. #ID #LI #AL Target Based Range
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 0.5-02 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed
and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. .
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 60 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 lbs of force frequently, and/or 20 lbs force
constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Sit,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing
protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision,
field of vision/peripheral, Standing, Talking - ordinary,
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Constantly:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas) Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment
- Constantly:Production/manufacturing environment What We
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Please see job description
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc, Allentown , Craftsperson - Mfg Maint Plast, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!