Supervisor, Router/Dispatch II
Company: US Foods
Posted on: May 25, 2023
ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY
THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the
administration of daily outbound shipments to customers and other
distribution centers within the organization. Must ensure a safe
and secure working environment and operate in a profitable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision and support of the router
- Ensure routes are scheduled and sequenced in a timely, accurate
and efficient manner.
- Analyze existing routes and drive improved efficiencies.
- Work closely with sales and warehouse departments to determine
- Lead the weekly Ops/Sales Routing meeting.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of various reports on
a daily basis and/or weekly, i.e. route change requests, sequence
change requests, new customer requests, Etc.
- Maintains routing software system parameters (Roadnet and
- Strategically drive changes to processes in order to reduce
costs while improving customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills, using available data to determine
areas of possible improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
with Managers, Delivery personnel, and Sales personnel.
- To routinely review performance on routes and recommend changes
to improve service and efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and
other applicable regulations.
- This position requires someone who can work in a fast-paced
environment and is a strong team leader, possesses excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as
- Analyzes daily and/or weekly routing solutions to point out
possible inefficiencies .
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of routing experience preferred.
- Ability to openly and effectively communicate with all
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global
positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, and tools used to perform the
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required
overtime for the position.
- Must know/have ability to learn MSDS information regarding all
material used within the scope of the work.
- Understand and interpret DOT and other state and federal
- Highly organized, have great interdepartmental skills, customer
focused, team oriented with attention to detail.
- Able to plan, prioritize and complete multiple tasks under high
- Strong Proficiency With Microsoft Office Suite (I.E. Excel,
Powerpoint, Word, And Access)
- Proficient in Routing Software required
- Strong Aptitude For Assessing Large Datasets And Deriving Key
Performance-Related Insights. Strong Knowledge of Analyzing Routes
- Effective Communication Teaming Skills; Capable Of Developing
Alignment Across Logistics Functions And Other Departments
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: US Foods, Allentown , Supervisor, Router/Dispatch II, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...