MCHN Weekend Option Days - 7a to 7p
Company: Kids Peace Mesabi Academies
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Multiple Options Available
KidsPeace Adolescent Unit - DUMMY REQ
5300 KidsPeace Drive
Weekend Option 7a-7p
Do you want to make a difference? Each day we give you the
opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and
teenagers we treat in our inpatient hospital operations and
different residential programs.
Weekend Option Nurses have a specific Benefits package provided
their exceptional shift as Part Time associates.
KidsPeace is a private non-profit charity located on a countryside
setting of more than 260 acres in Orefield, PA - just 22 minutes
away from downtown Allentown. For 134 years, KidsPeace has provided
mental and behavioral health care services to children and
teenagers, provided by a dedicated staff committed to making a
difference by improving lives and helping young people prepare for
adulthood. We are currently hiring a select group of people to help
further our mission of providing hope, help and healing to
children, families and communities in need. We will provide you all
the training and support to help you succeed and be part of our
Join us and make a difference at KidsPeace.
The Mental Health Charge Nurse (RN) provides holistic healthcare
and education to clients in order to promote physical and mental
health and well-being. The MCHN works in collaboration with other
clinical and non-clinical staff to provide appropriate clinical
interventions and treatment. Full-time, Part-time and Flex/Per Diem
nursing positions are currently available. Late night and primarily
2nd shift hours. Previous Pediatric Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
experience helpful. Graduates welcome.
Shift: Weekend Option - 7a to 7p (Days)
Supervises the provision of holistic healthcare and education to
clients in order to promote physical, mental health, and
well-being. Provides direct supervision and leadership to other
clinical and non-clinical staff on a regular basis to assure
appropriate clinical interventions and treatment within the milieu.
The MHCN is responsible to carry out therapeutic program schedules
and ensure treatment planning is followed.
Qualifications (Education, Training and Experiences):
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current
Pennsylvania Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing
required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
* Minimum of three years mental health nursing experience
preferred; prior supervisory experience preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a team
* Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and conflict
resolution skills required.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
* SCM certification, observer status required.
* SCM Level 1 or 2, strongly preferred.
* CPR/First Aid certification required.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* LSCI certification required within 6 months of hire.
* Promote safety and comprehensive care in the management of the
milieu; collaborate as a member of the treatment team to evaluate
plan of care; assess clients physical and mental health, responses
to treatment plan and nursing plan of care.
* Maintain clinical caseload and provide individual counseling;
facilitate and mentor therapeutic formal and informal group
process; conduct client centered education and counseling groups or
therapy as assigned.
* Develop, promote and provide health education for clients,
families and staff; provide family centered education; develop pre-
and post-education testing. Serve as an advocate for the client and
* Provide ongoing evaluation of medication regime, monitor
effectiveness and provide medication education.
* Supervise and/or manage psychiatric and physical emergencies as
* Participate in organizational and department specific Quality
Assessment and Improvement, risk management and client safety;
Participate in the development and review of policies and
* Collaborate with multidisciplinary team on all issues from
admissions through discharge; provide nursing consultation around
* Communicate effectively with other departments, agencies, and
community resources as necessary and required.
* Assist in the performance and/or observation of restraints as
necessary when ordered by a licensed professional using the current
approved KidsPeace restraint methodology on youth who may weigh in
excess of 250 pounds and who are verbally or physically threatening
or otherwise presenting a threat to themselves or others.
Keywords: Kids Peace Mesabi Academies, Allentown , MCHN Weekend Option Days - 7a to 7p, Other , Orefield, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!