Youth Mentor - Before / After School Child Care
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Greater Philadelphia YMCA Employment Opportunity!
Hiring Immediately! Flexible Schedule - Work in the Morning,
Afternoon or Both, No Nights or Weekends! Fun and Rewarding
Do you want to make a positive impact on children, their families
and your local community? If so, then you need to join the Greater
Philadelphia YMCA team! We are looking forYouth Mentorsfor our
before and after school childcare programswho have a passion to
help inspire children to be lifelong learners.
WhatYou Will Do as a Youth Mentor:
- Child Care Mentors will report to the Site Leader and Child
Care Team Leader
- Make a positive, lasting difference in the lives of children
and their families.
- Supervise each child in your care by being able to identify,
SEE, HEAR, DIRECT and ASSIST toensure their safetyat all
- Coordinate, plan and implement dynamic curricula that ensure
child-centered, age-appropriate lessons are offered.
- Adhere to small group/ratio established by DHS. Accurately
maintain attendance of children in your care.
- Actively engage in allchild careactivities with passion,
patience and finesse.
- Uphold all YMCA/DHS/Keystone stars guidelines for overall
commitment to quality inchild care.
- Maintain daily of attendance records, mobile emergency contact
binders, trip binders, allergy reports and other mission-critical
- Be a leader for children's development, providing effective,
timely communication of each child's progress to families.
- Provide families with communication through verbal and written
- Cultivate a sensitive, patientchild careenvironment for both
children and families.
- Provide care to meet the individual needs of children /
- Present documentation of achieved degree from accredited
College/ University in education or human services related fieldas
defined by the appropriate state licensing agency.
- Verify 2 year'schildcareexperience.
- Experience withchildcareprogram sizes of 50 to 100 children
- Experience in child care or daycare.Benefits of workinginchild
- Flexible work schedule; choose to work in the morning,
afternoon or both
- No nights or weekends
- Discounted Y programs
- Participation in the Y Retirement Fund
- Health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Professional training and developmentAbout the Greater
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our
principle of Connecting People To Healthier Lives. That connection
with members and to each other is seen and felt across every
department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to
make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where
social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest
YMCAs in the country, serving over 240,000 members and participants
in 6 counties with 2,500 employees, we have the size and scope to
make real and positive change in the communities we serve.
You can find us in the Greater Philadelphia Area with over80
Visit https://philaymca.org/about-us/careers/ for your next
The Greater Philadelphia YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The
Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran
or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable
Keywords: YMCA, Allentown , Youth Mentor - Before / After School Child Care, Other , Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!