Site Leader - Before / After School Child Care - Full Time
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Greater Philadelphia YMCA Employment Opportunity!
Hiring Immediately for Full Time Child Care Site Leader! Fun and
Rewarding Environment! Paying $17.50 to $18.50 per hour and No
Nights or Weekends!
Do you want to make a positive impact on children, their families
and your local community? If so, then you need to join the Greater
Philadelphia YMCA team! We are looking to hireChild Care Site
Leadersfor our before and after school childcare programswho have a
passion to help inspire children to be lifelong learners.
The Site Leader is responsible for ensuring consistent
implementation of quality programming that supports the unique
needs of each child within the structure of the program creating a
safe, enriching, and environment for all to thrive. Plan, promote
and provide leadership for the Before/After School Enrichment
program during the school year and camp during the summer;
maintaining program quality in accordance with YMCA, the state
licensing agency, Quality Rating System standards, ACA policies and
- Read and be accountable forYMCA Policies, State Licensing Body
(PA- DHS / NJ-NJ OOL) regulations, and Quality Rating System
standards (Example: NAEYC,Keystone STARS, Grow NJ Kids, ACA).
- Supervise by being able to identify, SEE, HEAR, DIRECT and
ASSIST to ensure the safety of each child in your direct care group
at all times. Adhere to small group/ratio established by the state
licensing agency. Accurately maintain attendance of the children in
- Communicate effectively and timely with parents/guardians
regarding children's program experience, progress (written as well
as verbal). Maintain confidentiality, use sensitivity, and patience
at all times.
- Provide quality Adult/Child interactions through engagement,
positive and encouraging feedback, and asking open-ended questions.
Maintain age appropriate verbal interaction guidelines at all
times; exercising patience.
- Maintain knowledge of GPY Association policies and procedures,
risk management, safety practices and applicable laws.
- Ensure that centers are maintained with quality learning
materials, organized accordingly in labeled containers associated
with appropriate Learning Center.
- YMCA Policies, State Licensing Body regulations, and Quality
Rating System standards,including but not limited to 6 hours of
childcare related trainings annually.
- Direct and maintain control of environments that build
children's self-esteem. Utilize positive reinforcement techniques
for redirection as a form of behavior management.
- Conduct/record weekly child observations as well as any related
to child behavior concerns or development that may require early
intervention with parent/guardian(s).
- Coordinate, plan, and implement daily child centered and
developmentally appropriate learning experiences within YMCA, state
licensing and quality rating system guidelines. Adapt the program
whenever possible to meet the individualized needs of the
- Maintain operation of the program consistent with YMCA
policies, state licensing regulations and Quality rating system
standards and initiatives in preparing for annual audits (state
inspections and quality rating system assessments).
- Ensure staff and child records are maintained in accordance
with state licensing regulations. Organize and update files while
protecting the confidentiality of this information.
- Ensure accurate maintenance, recording and reporting of daily
attendance, mobile emergency contact binders, trip binders and
- Supervise all staff assigned to the site. Manage employee
schedules, accurate recording and reporting of time worked
(timesheets), arrange coverage to meet required ratios. Provide a
minimum of 2 annual written staff observations and evaluations in
accordance with YMCA policies, State licensing, and quality rating
- Prepare and distribute quality, brand compliant, up to date,
written communication with the parent/guardian(s) (example: Family
Board maintenance, monthly newsletters, program updates, and
- Meet deadlines: Ensure monthly lesson plans, weekly and
specialized reports, and supply requests are submitted and managed
in a timely manner. Plan and manage time and resources
- Success will be measured by the degree to which enrollment
levels are maintained. ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Present documentation of
achieveddegreefromanaccreditedcollegeor universityin education
orhumanservices relatedfieldas defined by state licensing
- Verify a minimum of2years (2500 hours)of childcareexperience.
impartoralinformationandtoconvey detailed, spokeninstructionsto
andloudly.Abilityto perceive thenatureofsoundsbyear;ability
toliftandcarry50-75pounds;ability to maintain body equilibrium to
prevent falling.Ability tomoveabouton footquickly;abilityto
stoop,kneel,crouchandcrawl. Ability to sit or stand for long
periods of time.Abilityto judge distances and spatial relationships
so as to see objects where they actually are andclearly
Exposuretohighlevelsofnoise and various environmental
ACQUIRE AND MAINTAIN THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS:
- CPR/AED/O2/FirstAidobtained through the American Red
- Mandated Reporter Training(valid5years)
- Additional training and development specific to your role as
referenced in onboarding materials. OUR CULTURE
AttheYMCAwevalueCARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITYin
personalcharacterandbehaviorandbelievethattheyare essential to
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO HEALTHIER LIVES
The Greater Philadelphia YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The
Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran
or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable
Keywords: YMCA, Allentown , Site Leader - Before / After School Child Care - Full Time, Other , Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!