Spare Parts Specialist
Company: Air Products and Chemicals
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Description and Qualifications
The Equipment Sales & Plant Support (ESPS) Business Area is
responsible for the global after-market equipment and services
sales of industrial gas equipment and processes to third party
customers and Air Products joint ventures. The Spare Parts
Specialist is responsible for the development of proposals and
execution of purchase orders for ESPS spare parts. The Spare Parts
Specialist reports to the ESPS Manager, Projects and Plant Support
and work closely with the ESPS Business Development Managers, ESPS
Plant Support Manager and ESPS Regional Managers in handling
customers' requests. Direct customer and supplier contact are
requirements of the role.
Spare parts requests often come in for plants where the parts
requested are obsolete or underdefined. The incumbent will be
responsible to research the requested spare parts, define the
current spare parts offering for the service, and assemble the
The Spare Parts Specialist position requires knowledge of SAP and
CRM, as well as a strong customer orientation, high level of
attention to detail, flexibility, and strong teamwork skills.
III. NATURE AND SCOPE
The ESPS business provides a broad range of products and services
to the industrial gas industry, including operating services,
maintenance services, spare parts, plant audits, and efficiency
modifications. This position will work with the ESPS Business
Development Manager in handling customers' purchasing requests.
IV. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Proactively engage Project Management, Supply Chain, and ESPS
Business Development Managers
* Analyze client requisitions and associated data sheets, drawings,
process flow diagrams, and P&ID's
* Create and manage associated CRM opportunities
* Engage project sub suppliers and solicit quotations
* Research historical client interaction and legacy project
* Prepare cost estimates
* Create and manage SAP Transactions for the execution of initial
spares parts projects
* Develop spare parts quotations for the ESPS Business Development
Managers and Inside Sales Coordinators.
* Provide additional inside sales support as necessary
* Support Engineering Manager / Project Manager in transition from
proposal through execution phase.
* Obtain export information or any licensing required for
* Coordinate shipping including handling all necessary
certifications and issuing of shipping documents.
* Expedite orders and follow-up with end customer as required.
* Bachelor's degree, preferred but not required
* 1- 3 years of experience in similar work environment
* Continuous Improvement background a plus
* International logistics experience
* Ability to multitask and be customer focused
* Experienced in SAP, CRM, and Qlik Sense
* Ability to communicate and work with external customers
* Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams inside of
* Detail orientated and possesses strong organizational skills
* A team player with a high level of dedication
* Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
VI. Critical Competencies
* Positive Attitude
* Passion to be the best in the industry
* Drive Results
* Develop Self and Others
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is
essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they
belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays
and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and
retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be
100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest;
however, only those applicants who are being considered for an
interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Allentown , Spare Parts Specialist, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!