Maintenance Mechanic II - $29.50 Per Hour
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
- $29.50 an Hour!
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunityPosition Purpose:
- Responsible for the prompt repair and ongoing maintenance of
facilities, complex equipment, and company vehicles. Identify,
monitor and troubleshoot problems. Keep records of work performed
and complete maintenance history logs. Control and account for
equipment. Ensure operation of safe and functionally sound
equipment. Maintain grounds and clears parking lots. Maintain and
order supplies and parts as needed.Essential Functions & Basic
- Maintain and repair more complex machinery (conveyor system,
Pick to light technology, scanners, shrink wrap machine. Box
- Repair and maintain PIT
- Battery Change Repair
- Provide recommendation to repair or replace poorly functioning
- Efficiently prioritizes repair schedule to ensure an
uninterrupted production schedule.
- Conduct regular facilities inspections.
- Assist in developing a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of necessary spare parts and
materials is maintained.
- Assist personnel as needed. Communicate regularly with
personnel to ensure that repairs and maintenance needs are met and
coordinated with production schedules.
- Keep management informed of areas activities and of significant
concerns. Report major concerns or significant problems.
- Ensure work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related
- Refrigeration Certified
- Certified Material Handling Engineer Mechanic
- ASE CertificationREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Able to read and understand blueprints and technical reference
- Knowledge of production functions.
- Understanding of equipment operation and maintenance
- Two years of on-the-job experience with electronics and
- Machining and fabrication experience helpfulSKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work well independently
- Able to cooperate and communicate well with others
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Basic computer skills
- Able to use various hand toolsAll qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating
an inclusive and respectful environment for all. -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Additional
- Schedule: Full-time Associated topics: building maintenance,
groundskeeper, jardinero, labor, lawn, maintenance, podadore, rug,
Keywords: UNFI, Allentown , Maintenance Mechanic II - $29.50 Per Hour, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!