Company: B. Braun Medical Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Job ID: 2022-21426
# of Openings: 1
Allentown Mfg Facility
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Researches, assesses and purchases one or more
- Develops purchasing policies and processes.
- Negotiates supplier contracts to ensure that desired product
quality and price ranges are met.
- Obtains commodities from suppliers at the lowest cost
consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source
and urgency of need.
- Studies market trends, interviews vendors and recommends
sources of supply.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers
and schedules deliveries.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for
- At higher job levels provides leadership, coaching and/or
mentoring to a subordinate group and may occasionally act as a lead
or first level supervisor. The job function listed is not
exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned
by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Secrecy and invention
agreement and non-compete agreement, Ability to work non-standard
schedule as needed While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 pounds. . Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Sit,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently:Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of
vision/peripheral, Sitting , Standing
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Low
- Constantly:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
environment, Other What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc, Allentown , Buyer II, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!