Receiver - Third Shift - Allentown - $20.25/hr
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest
distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty
products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000
customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse
associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food
that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small
family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in
between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and
feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team
- 3 Shift - 9 PM Start - $20.25 an Hour
- Competitive Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K &
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and
- Full-time employment opportunity
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the entire
warehouse and receiving procedures. Also needs to understand the
products, receiving procedures, and back stock put away procedures.
A receiver is responsible for moving product off trucks, monitoring
the quality of product, entering it into inventory, and properly
putting product in its respective staging location.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- Checks with supervisors or leads at the beginning of the shift
to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure.
- Verifies quantities of product received against the packing
- Checks and reports any damage found due to refrigeration,
travel or handling by inbound freight company.
- Sorts or breakdowns all incoming product. (Eastern Region
- Builds steady and secure pallets to be put into back stock
- Wraps pallets whenever necessary.
- Ensures that all labeling of product and pallets are accurate
for put-away in proper pick slot or back stock location
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; ensures a safe
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues. Operates all
equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location
- Receiver functions are completed in accordance with Company
standards and procedures including
- Quality standards and safety regulations.
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company
personnel and with
- Management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Deadlines are met.
- High School Diploma / GED Certification and/or equivalent
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Understand and properly follow all receiving procedures,
including how to use Bakco and RF systems.
- Understand all paperwork related to receiving including how to
read and use Purchase Order (PO) receivers, Bills of lading, and
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the
warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
- Schedule: Full-time Associated topics: generalist, leader,
logistics analyst, logistics manager, logistics specialist, senior,
rep, warehouse management, warehouse manager, warehouse
Keywords: UNFI, Allentown , Receiver - Third Shift - Allentown - $20.25/hr, Other , Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!