Craftsperson - Moldmaker
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: August 4, 2022
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap ® and CAPS ® . Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise ® philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit . Responsibilities
Position Summary: Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs all machining functions of production and support
equipment in assigned areas.
- Work includes manufacture of assembly machine components,
tooling, fixtures and jigs.
- All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good
workmanship with minimum delay.
- Responsible for performing all duties involving layout,
construction, alteration and repair of injection molds.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures
- Senior position may act as a team leader to ensure that the
work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing work team
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of
- Documents activities accordingly. The job function listed is
not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as
assigned by the Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge
- Required to apply intermediate working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs Intermediate shop floor competencies.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or
written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 02-04 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed
and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. .
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 60 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 lbs of force frequently, and/or 20 lbs force
constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Kneeling/Crawling,
Sitting , Stooping/squatting
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward
and downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of
vision/peripheral, Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Constantly:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas) Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment, Warehouse environment
- Constantly:Production/manufacturing environment What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet
Through its Sharing Expertise® initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Allentown , Craftsperson - Moldmaker, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!