Machinist/Moldmaker - 2nd Shift
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: August 3, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Machinist/Moldmaker - 2nd
ShiftUS-PA-AllentownJob ID: 2022-20047Type: Regular Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: ManufacturingAllentown Mfg
FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in
infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and
markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare
industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy
admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The
company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors
and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun
Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B.
Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun
Interventional Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B.
Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64
countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun
continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and
clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and
lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit
.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Responsibilities: Essential
- Performs all machining functions of production and support
equipment in assigned areas.
- Work includes manufacture of assembly machine components,
tooling, fixtures and jigs.
- All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good
workmanship with minimum delay.
- Responsible for performing all duties involving layout,
construction, alteration and repair of injection molds.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures
- Senior position may act as a team leader to ensure that the
work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing work team
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of
- Documents activities accordingly. The job function listed is
not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as
assigned by the Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge
- Required to apply comprehensive working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs comprehensive shop floor competencies.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or
written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
contractors/vendors. Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications
- High school diploma/G.E.D required, Associate's or technical
- 03-05 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed
and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
.Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties: The
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 60 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 lbs of force frequently, and/or 20 lbs force
constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Kneeling/Crawling,
Sitting , Stooping/squatting
- Frequently:Climbing stairs/ladders, Finger feeling, Handling,
Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Seeing - depth perception,
color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Standing, Talking -
ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Constantly:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas) Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment, Warehouse environment
- Constantly:Production/manufacturing environment What We OfferB.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI185181864
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Allentown , Machinist/Moldmaker - 2nd Shift, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!