Project Engineer - Molding Process Engineering
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: June 23, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Project Engineer - Molding Process
EngineeringUS-PA-AllentownJob ID: 2022-20457Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: EngineeringAllentown Mfg
FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in
infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and
markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare
industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy
admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The
company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors
and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun
Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B.
Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun
Interventional Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B.
Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64
countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun
continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and
clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and
lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit
.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Responsibilities: Essential
- Assists with the completion of engineering projects. Reviews
project plans, proposals, and objectives.
- Assigns responsibilities and builds schedules based on project
- Designs and conducts tests to determine project progress.
- Determines and stays within budget.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Reports to management on progress. Recommends plan and schedule
changes when necessary.
- Complies with state and federal regulations and ensures a clean
and safe environment.
- Establish and integrate the use of CAD to efficiently and
accurately produce needed parts, execute mold repairs.
- Design gages, fixtures, or other miscellaneous devices for
- Prepare in-house quotations and acquire vendor quotations.
- Assist in debugging the function and cycling of molds prior to
releasing the mold to manufacturing.
- Work on reviewing / updating / creating SOPs for the
departments on various functions to include: machine operation,
work standards, external procedures and other areas as
- Support coordination of equipment installations within the
plant. (Example molding equipment and machine tool equipment)
- Conduct DOE experiments on molding processes The job function
listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any
responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of
lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
contractors/vendors.Preferred: Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor of Science - Plastic and Polymer Engineering
- Some experience with plastic part design.
- Some experience with injection mold design and working with
- Some knowledge of Mold Shop manufacturing processes to be able
to apply them to existing and development projects.
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks software experience.
- CAD/CAM Software experience.QualificationsExpertise:
Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement,
Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands
to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Additional
Information Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions
have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by
employees assigned to this position. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or
rescind the work assignments of different positions due to
reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Visual
Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching
upward and downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
environment, Lab environment, Other
- Constantly:N/A What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI181233457
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Allentown , Project Engineer - Molding Process Engineering, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!