QC Laboratory Associate I (Saturday-Wednesday)
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: May 15, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.QC Laboratory Associate I
(Saturday-Wednesday)US-PA-AllentownJob ID: 2021-19909Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: QualityAllentown Mfg
FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in
infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and
markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare
industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy
admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The
company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors
and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun
Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B.
Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun
Interventional Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B.
Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64
countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun
continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and
clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and
lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit
.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: The QC Laboratory Associate I is
responsible for fulfilling the needs of the Quality Control
Department's requirements for analytical testing in the biological
and chemical areas, examination of product, components and
performing equipment and process validations. The QC Laboratory
Associate I is responsible for performing independent tasks of
moderate complexity with some guidance from the higher-level
positions, demonstrate some problem solving skills. The position is
also responsible for the laboratory daily organizational
duties.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Supports the Lab in the preparation and update of test
methods/specification/procedures and related documents.
- Assists in chemical testing activity.
- Updates training activities and related SAP system.
- Updates daily testing activity including trending.
- Adheres to good laboratory practices, good documentation
practices, good housekeeping and good manufacturing process.
- Supports the Lab in achieving objectives/targets outlined by
the Department Head.The job function listed is not exhaustive and
shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires working knowledge of technical field/area of
specialization. Exercises general application of principles,
theories and concepts. Follows established procedures and
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or
written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
contractors/vendors.QualificationsExpertise: Qualifications -
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required, Associate's
or technical degree preferred.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement,
Ability to work non-standard schedule as neededWhile performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to
handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. B. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com.Through its "Sharing Expertise -" initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services. Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Frequently: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Sit,
Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Constantly: StandActivities:
- Occasionally: Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud
(hearing protection required), Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Frequently: Climbing stairs/ladders, Finger feeling,
Kneeling/Crawling, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field
of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Stooping/squatting
- Constantly: StandingEnvironmental Conditions:
- Occasionally: Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or
caustic chemicals (in most areas)
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/AWork Environment:The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Office environment
- Frequently: Production/manufacturing environment, Warehouse
environment, Lab environment
- Constantly: N/AWhat We Offer..NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer
Veterans/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status.PI177338887
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Allentown , QC Laboratory Associate I (Saturday-Wednesday), Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!