Accounts Receivable Collector
Company: Airgas Usa LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The AR Collector is responsible for the daily tasks related to
collection efforts and is responsible to coordinate issue
resolution on a portfolio of customer accounts. The AR Collector
will effectively communicate and support the Division's collection
and bad debt goals, while providing quality customer service. The
AR Collector will obtain an understanding of Company policies and
procedures, and will actively pursue knowledge of skills and tools
to be used in all collection efforts. Recognition of significant
credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical.
Collection efforts are time sensitive, requiring excellent skills
in organization and management of time, efforts, and resources.
The position will require the ability to lead a collaborative work
effort and balance financial goals with support for the
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: *
* Identify account risks, potential credit problems, disputes, and
other customer issues. Generates reports and communicates potential
risks to Division Accounts Receivable Supervisor, as well as field
contacts (Branch Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager).
Escalate significant matters to Division Accounts Receivable
* Contact customers regarding invoices / accounts which are past
due. Provide information as requested in order to facilitate a
quick remittance. Obtain future pay information.
* Corrects errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late
charges and over payments.
* Documentation is critical, log conversations, e-mails and other
communications. Organize documentation as to facilitate follow-up
efforts. Initiate appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as
* Maintain quality relationships with branch managers, account
managers and area sales managers. These relationships can be
critical with collection efforts. Involve regional managers when
possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
* Prioritize portfolio so that collection efforts result in maximum
benefits. Watch for key indicators that a customer account is
falling behind, becoming delinquent.
* Work closely with cylinder control when investigating cylinder
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* A proven track record of success in prior credit and collection
roles, a plus.
* An ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented
customer service function which balances cost control with support
for the business.
* The successful candidate must have a strong "client service"
mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial
approaches in achieving diverse goals.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: *
* 2 years of commercial collection experience.
* Understanding of quality customer service and the relationship to
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus.
*COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS*:
* Ability to write routine business reports and business
correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using
the English language.
*MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: *
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
**Job:** **Finance and Accounting*
**Title:** *Accounts Receivable Collector*
**Requisition ID:** *32168*
Keywords: Airgas Usa LLC, Allentown , Accounts Receivable Collector, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!