Weekend Cat Scan Technologist - Nights
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.Performs various CT Scans
and assists Radiologist during performance of invasive procedures
for diagnostic purposes. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly assists Radiologist during all aspects of invasive
procedures and performs CT scan examinations as directed by the
- Communicates clinical observations during CT Scan examinations
to Radiologist. - Presents clinical history as recorded on
appropriate documentation to Radiologist.
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge of the RIS/HIS modules
appropriate to their job responsibilities.
- Injects contrast for CT Scans in accordance with department
policy. Patient CT questionnaire is completed for each patient and
reviewed prior to start of exam.
- Performs 3-D imaging functions.
- Provides educational information to the patient regarding their
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development
through active participation in inservices and/or continuing
- Accurately adheres to downtime procedures to assure appropriate
information is available resulting in excellent continuity of care
- Knowledgeable regarding patient condition, history and
appropriate background and information pertinent to proposed
- Accountable for quality of digital images sent to PACS. -
Verify correct patient is selected from worklist, ensures accuracy
of Medical Record information prior to being sent to PACS.
- Responsible for the success of the department to achieve
hospital designated Press Ganey score. Every patient should receive
patient education and your personalized business card. - Apology
cards should be sent or given to all patients when we do not meet
their expectations. -
- Assists in gathering and recording data for the Radiology
Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program.
- Schedules patients for CT Scans and assists with secretarial
duties and pulling film files.
- Maintains necessary inventory of supplies and appearance of CT
Scan Room in accordance to department budget.
- Responsible for teaching - radiology students rotating through
- Notifies RN of any patient problems or reactions.
- Event report forms are completed according to hospital
guidelines. - Patient Safety Hotline is notified in a timely
manner. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY DEMANDS: Frequent use of hands and
fingers to operate equipment and chart information. - Sitting for
up to 5 hours in 30 minute increments. - Standing and walking for
up to 3 hours in 15 minute increments. - Pushing, pulling, and
lifting of patients up to 300 pounds with assistance. - Occasional
stooping, lifting and raising arms above shoulder level. - Lifting
and moving of objects up to 30 pounds. - Hearing as it relates to
normal conversation. - Seeing as it relates to normal vision.
EDUCATION: Graduate from an ARRT recognized education program, or
AART registered or ARRT registry eligible radiography program. Must
pass registry within 1 year of hire date. - TRAINING AND
EXPERIENCE: One-year staff technologist experience. Recent CT Scan
experience preferred. - Advanced CT registry required. Current CPR
certification required. - History of computer usage experience
required.Please complete your application using your full legal
name and -current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment
history for -the past seven (7) years, including your present
employer. - Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current
resume, including all work history, education, and/or
certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It is highly
recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of
submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest in
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Weekend Cat Scan Technologist - Nights, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!