Patient Care Assistant (Full Time, Night Shift) *SIGN ON BONUS*
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 19, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Patient Care Assistant
is responsible for providing patient care. The Patient Care
Assistant participates in data collection, planning and
implementation of patient care. JOB DUTIES AND
- Performs the following tasks as assigned:
- Vital signs
- Intake and output measurements
- Specimen collection
- Documentation for all assigned responsibilities
- Follows treatment plan as directed by licensed personnel.
- Performs necessary functions to ensure patient comfort and
satisfaction with service -
- Performs patient mobilization using appropriate and proper body
mechanics and assistive device
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality
- Communicates changes in patients' conditions and unit concerns
with the unit based team -
- Restocks unit supplies as needed
- Performs equipment checks and unit specific maintenance duties
as appropriate to unit -
- Takes active role in unit based performance improvement. -
- Maintains awareness of unit budget
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development
through active participation in in-services and/or continuing
education programs as well as timely completion of
- Assists in orienting and educating new staff PHYSICAL AND
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sit up to 7 hours per day; 1 hour at a time.
- Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. - Walk 6
hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. - Consistently lift, carry and
push objects up to 10 lbs. - Occasionally lift, carry and push
objects up to 75 lbs. - Transport patients weighing up to 400 lbs.
via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. - Frequently stoop and bend.
- Frequently reach above should level. - Must be able to perceive
attributes of an object through touch. - Must be able to hear as it
relates to normal conversation, and high and low frequencies. -
Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and
peripheral vision. EDUCATION: High School graduate or GED
preferred. Health care specialty training preferred. TRAINING AND
EXPERIENCE: Individualized orientation program for all areas.
Obtain BLS certification within sixty (60) days of employment or
transfer to position. Basic computer skills required. Attend St.
Luke's University Health Network APC and MT courses or evidence of
previous training determined through competency testing. Please
complete your application using your full legal name and -current
home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for -the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Patient Care Assistant (Full Time, Night Shift) *SIGN ON BONUS*, Other , Coaldale, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!