Posted on: October 15, 2021
The smells of fresh-cooked food in the kitchen. The clang of
pots, pans, and dinnerware as the anticipation of a rush puts you
in the zone. You quickly take initiative to ensure the happiness of
those who are dependent on you. Does this sound like a scenario
that you would take pride in? Do you strive to turn your love of
cooking into your career? We are now looking to hire Cooks who
possess flexibility and rare dedication to the kitchen. Cooks
prepare, season, and craft dishes. They may also order supplies,
keep records, and plan and price menu items in addition to other
responsibilities. A cook is passionate about his or her craft –
making food for an event or restaurant is at the heart of this
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $20.50/Hour
Shift Timing - 1st Shift (Day), 2nd Shift (Evening)
* Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short
* May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may
operate a grill station.
* Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
* Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required
by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
* Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
times. Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for
preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups,
meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in
* Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by
operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix
ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and
vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for
* Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks
production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan *
production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
* May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all regulatory rules and procedures.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
* Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures. Reports all
accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
* May receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
* May produce some batch goods using basic cooking techniques.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. 11 am
- 7:30 pm shift
* Minimum one year experience as a cook * Covid-19 vaccination *
Good knife skills and a deep knowledge of food preparation *
Possess a valid food handler's card or ServSafe certification - our
branch will help provide this training * Able to work all areas of
Keywords: PeopleReady, Allentown , Cook, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!