Shipping Lead 2nd Shift $2,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Shipping Lead Pay Starting at $23.50/hr PLUS $2,000 Sign on
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest and most
dynamic companies with a rich history dating back to 1843 and
hasn't stopped evolving since. As a Shipping Lead you are essential
to the operations of our facility. If you have a positive attitude
and are willing to learn this is a great opportunity for you! Now
earn a $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Apply Today!
Job Description - Duties/Responsibilities
- Safety - Lead department to ensure a safe work environment and
- Act as Safety Champion and 1st point of contact for employee
ideas and concerns
- Correct safety concerns within scope of authority or escalate
to manager, while continuing to remain involved through
- Initiate incident investigation and seek first aid treatment as
needed for department safety incidents
Monitor team performance to ensure safety compliance
- Training - Coordinate departmental training program
- Update ISO training documents as needed
- Review, revise as needed, and sign-off on ISO training
documents every 12-months
Monitor team performance to ensure training compliance
- Employee Engagement - Maintain good employee relations by
providing teams with direction, priorities, focus and boundaries.
Works closely with Manager and HR to maintain consistency and
fairness in administration of company policy and code of
- Provide feedback to employees regarding their performance.
- Complete provided performance feedback forms and submit within
deadlines for temporary workers and new hires
- Provide Manager and Human Resources with feedback regarding
both high and low performers. Escalate unsatisfactory performance
concerns to Manager and HR in a timely manner.
- Provide employees with required resources to perform their job
safely and effectively (PPE, Training, Tools)
- Communicate results of department safety, quality, customer
service and cost KPI's for department. Maintain and encourage
consistent communications to direct reports.
Review and process employee time records in compliance with
Federal, State, and Company rules and regulations
- Production Controls - Assist in maintaining an effective
operating department by controlling activity within prescribed
quality standards, production levels, and cost levels, while
keeping a focus on safety and manufacturing objectives.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Assist in controlling inventory levels through cycle counts,
scrap transactions, production transactions, and BOM yield
- Monitor product movement and shortages from paint to all
Notify supervisor/manager of any problems pertaining to
department processes or outcomes immediately.
- General Responsibilities
- Must be willing and able to perform all duties on assigned in
the Shipper Role
- Understand shipping document/paperwork and process
- Use of computer shipping screens
- Operate fork truck efficiently to handle production flow
- Operate and move trailers using yard tractor
- Retrieve packed cabs and accessories
- Lift and stack wood tops onto trailers
- Lift and stack cab dollies
- Accurately generate all required shipping documents
- Effectively communicate with vendors / trucking companies
Effectively communicate with SBD customer service reps
- Must be willing and able to work daily / weekly overtime as
- Must be willing to work any shift on a temporary basis for
manufacturing upgrades and/or training purposes
- Must effectively utilize Outlook (email system) to share
information, respond to inquiries, and manage time (training /
meetings/ events / etc)
- Must abide by all housekeeping and safety rules and
- Must perform daily housekeeping tasks.
Essential Skills & Experience Required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to stand continuously for 8-10 hours daily
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 33 lbs
- Will be working in a manufacturing plant with varying
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Allentown , Shipping Lead 2nd Shift $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!