Production Technician Operations Supervisor
Company: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Working with us is an opportunity that can pay off for years to
come - with skills, knowledge, experiences and friends that can
last a lifetime!
A Seasonal job with us can lead to a successful future. That's
because you will:
- Develop resume-building skills to help achieve your career
- Work in a welcoming and diverse environment
- Gain knowledge through training programs and work
Responsible for the operation of multiple technical sections
within the Entertainment Department. Sections may include Live Show
Technicians, Special Event Technicians, Halloween Haunt Build
Technicians, Paladium Concert Technicians, Costume/Wardrobe
Technicians, Makeup/Prosthetics Technicians, etc. Responsibilities
include daily operation of area, hiring/supervising/training
technicians and supervisors, creating and executing technician
daily schedules, providing guest service, etc. Oversees the
creation and build of new show and event product. Installs,
operates and maintains technical equipment for productions and
We're looking for:
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your
smile and positive nature
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun
while having fun at work
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of money and weight measurement, volume, and
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level
sufficient to conduct employee meetings; provide detailed direction
to staff, guests, and vendors; and write policies, procedures,
reports and other business related documents and
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
- Must have worked on multiple productions in professional
entertainment settings, whether stage, concert, amusement park,
film, TV, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the daily operations of a
professional theater environment.
- Ability to teach and lead technicians with varying levels of
- Ability to lead associates to achieve department and division
- Prior Supervisory experience in theme park and/or entertainment
Ready to start your future now? Apply Today!
You'll Make a Difference:
- Interact with our guests and make their day amazing through
- Share your passion for creating a warm and welcoming
environment with your team
- Deliver fast and accurate service
- Contribute to our exceptional track record for safety
Minimum Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises associates including training, scheduling,
evaluating, disciplining, and other supervisor functions.
- Ensures departmental goals and objectives are communicated to
and implemented by personnel under his/her supervision. Works with
all sections within the Entertainment Department to ensure superior
- Ensures all show elements are safe, properly operating, and
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to
management, associates and guests.
- Resolve guest and associate concerns.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationship with other
- Coordinates and carries out logistics of Special Events, as
- Ensures the accuracy of associate time in the Time and
Attendance System (Workforce).
- Work closely with others in the department to maintain proper
- Recruits, interviews, and hires associates for the
- Maintains associate schedules.
- Follows and enforces all park and department policies and
- Accurately completes necessary paperwork (i.e. show reports,
attendance records, time off requests, schedules, etc.)
- Adheres to budgetary guidelines and ensures adequate supplies
to complete job tasks.
- Procures supplies following established departmental accounting
- Promotes teamwork and a positive atmosphere throughout the
- Maneuverability and mobility to work within park.
- Uses critical thinking and practices situational judgment.
- Maintains files, records and reports.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Installs and operates show production technical equipment,
including sets, lights, sounds, video elements, costumes and/or
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Construct and install new show product in manner consistent
with the artistic vision of park management, show producers and
- Troubleshoots equipment failure and works to resolve any issues
safely and efficiently.
- Assists with load in and load out of shows, events, festivals,
Halloween Haunt and other park activities and productions.
- Secures rentals, guest artists, production crews, and other
outside labor / materials as assigned.
- Prepares facilities for daily activities, i.e. Rehearsals,
clean ups, maintenance calls, shows, special events, etc
- Ensures smooth operation of all events and shows.
- Works with team to set up lights, staging, sets, sound, video
and special effects, even if not in area of expertise.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when
serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and
performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair safety guidelines
and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights,
weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar
Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific
costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines
and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Keywords: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, Allentown , Production Technician Operations Supervisor, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!