Standard Plants Product Line Process Technology Team Manager
Company: Air Products and Chemicals
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Description and Qualifications
The Standard Plants Product Line Process Technology Team Manager
is accountable for all aspects of the management of Process
Engineering, Process Systems, Process Controls, Start-up
Engineering, Flow Sheet Design supporting Project Estimation,
Project Execution and Product Development for the Global Standard
Plants Product Line. This position has global accountability for
the atmospheric products including HPN, O2 VSA, LCO2 and N2 PSA.
Responsibilities include resource planning, salary budget
management, career development, FTE estimates for new project
opportunities, product development, supporting project execution
and ensuring Process Technology resources are meeting budget and
The individual is responsible for maintaining close ties to key
stake holders including the other Functional Leads (Proposal,
Execution, Design), Technology, Global and Regional Product Owners
and Operations to ensure functional excellence and continuous
improvement to the Global Standard Plant offerings.
- Managerial responsibility for a team of 10 to 15 Engineers
including individuals outside the US.
- Manage resource allocation to meet Standard Plants workload
requirements and create resource plans to meet projected
- Identify skills required in team for supporting development of
new technologies & products (different molecules or processes).
Review gaps and develop plans to close through development of team
members or acquiring experience into team through new hires.
- Ensure excellence in Process Technology disciplines for Bid
Support, Engineering execution, Product Engineering and Product
Development within the Global Standard Plants Product Line for all
atmospheric related technologies.
- Drive improvement in work-processes to achieve consistent, high
quality and streamlined execution. Ensure that Standard Plants
technology PDMs, standard and work processes are documented and
- Ensure compliance with Risk Management procedures for Standard
Plants projects utilizing atmospheric technologies.
- Support integration and evaluation of new technology for
O2/N2/Ar generation. Work closely with Technology and Product
Owners through ODI and stage gate processes.
- Work as a member of the core Standard Plant Product Line
Leadership Team to ensure project execution excellence, correct
resource allocation and maintenance of project execution
- Provide functional support for proposals, product development
and project execution including but not limited to process sizing,
deliverable creation, troubleshooting and review/approval of team
- Work closely with Global Product Owners to develop and support
year product development plans. Provide feedback, lessons learned
and improvement ideas to product owners to support product
- Foster a strong safety culture within team and across
- 5 years minimum experience with managing teams or mentoring
- Strong leadership skills including setting and communicating a
strategic vision for the team and developing plans to achieve.
- Experience working in global and cross functional teams.
- Ability to influence upwards, across peers and teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- This is a fast paced, dynamic working environment. Successful
candidates must have ability to multi-task and quickly turnaround
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is
essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they
belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid
holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance
and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be
100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Allentown , Standard Plants Product Line Process Technology Team Manager, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!