Project Document Controller
Company: Air Products and Chemicals
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of
industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a
Project Document Controller at our Corporate Headquarters in
The Project Document Controller position is part of the Americas
Project Execution team within the Global Engineering,
Manufacturing, Technology, and Equipment (GEMTE) organization. This
role supports Proposals, Project Management, Engineering,
Procurement, and Construction Teams to ensure successful execution
of capital projects.
The Project Document Controller provides services to a broad
portfolio of projects ranging from highly standardized /
small-scale opportunities to large complex facilities (asset values
range from $0.5Million to $1Billion+).
The Document Controller executes document control activities and
deliverables complying with Air Products Engineering Procedures,
project-specific execution strategies, and needs from both internal
and external customers. It is expected that the Document Controller
provide accurate and timely document processing of all project
documents. This may include applying attributes, filing in
organized manner with in the electronic document management system,
distributing to reviewers/approvers, printing hard copies as
requested, tracking responses, reporting progress, and
communicating with internal project team members and external
clients, vendors, and contractors.
Types of Project Documents may include:
- External Formal Correspondence
- Internal Project Documents (specifications, strategies,
- Vendor Documents for Equipment and Materials
- Engineering/Design Documents
- Construction Packages
- Site Documents (RFI's, As-builts, quality reports, etc)
Specific responsibilities include:
- Set-Up Projects in Electronic Document Management System
- Define Users & Groups and Assign Permissions
- Maintain table key look-up for accurate attribution of
- Act as power user for EDMS, support/train users as needed
- Create document deliverable placeholders in EDMS and populate
with appropriate metadata/attribution
- Develop and maintain Master Document Register (MDR) through the
life of the project
- Process vendor documents for record or approval
- Organize Engineering and Construction Work Packages
- Participate in Coordination Meetings across regions and
locations, to maintain an efficient global Document Control project
- Communicate with Engineering, Procurement, Project Management,
and Project Functional Leads to ensure all document control needs
are being met
- Issue all applicable reports to the Project Manager and Project
Controls Manager (i.e. status of reviews/approvals, overdue
- Liaise with external client or EP/CM Document Control teams
regarding document transmittals, sharing, indexing, management and
- Archive and handover project documents to internal/external
- Support and maintain the Engineering Print Room, supplying
various departments within the organization with hard-copy
engineering prints as requested.
.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree or higher in Computer Science, Business
Administration, Engineering, Technology, or related field,
- Minimum 10 years of Professional Document Control
- Sound knowledge, and proven skills and competencies Document
Control / Supplier Data Management principles, methodologies and
tools, supporting all phases of project execution, within a large
project-oriented EPC or Owner Organization.
- Track record of maintaining and reporting accurate document /
vendor data control information and providing guidance to the
Project / Engineering management teams.
- Knowledge of OpenText or similar Document Management system
- Experience in processing Engineering/Design documents
- Experience in processing vendor documents.
- Experience in creation of Construction Packages preferred.
- Experience on projects within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing
or related business preferred.
- Ability to work with different cultures associated with
multi-region project execution
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including
paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance
and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or
are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Allentown , Project Document Controller, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!