POSITION TITLE: Deli Manager
REPORTS TO: Deli Supervisor/Store Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - 45 Hours
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities
of the Deli Department to achieve sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code
2) Ensure compliance with all state, county, and local weights
and measures laws.
3) To check and verify all Deli Department deliveries and
invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors.
4) Assist in unloading of deli merchandise, and transport to
sales floor or storage areas.
5) Control department expenses.
6) Maintain acceptable inventory levels to ensure highest
quality of freshness of all products.
7) Handle damages and spoiled products according to company
polices and procedures.
8) Comply with sanitation, safety, and security policies
according to company polices and procedures.
9) Responsible for ensuring that all department personnel are
properly trained, and work according to all company policies.
10) Maintain a housekeeping program to ensure a clean and
11) Effectively train, supervise, and schedule personnel to
achieve the highest quality of customer service.
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in slicing and working the counter when necessary.
2) Assist in making deli trays when necessary.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty
percent (50%) of the time.
2) Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order
merchandise, and maintain an acceptable inventory level.
3) Basic analytical and math skills necessary for interpreting
invoices, gross profits, and labor percentages.
4) At least one year of deli experience.