Project Manager (Transportation - Design)
Company: McMahon Associates
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing
transportation design projects in the private and public sectors,
soliciting and developing more business for these services, and
assist in the mentoring and growth of the Lehigh Valley Office and
Mid-Atlantic Highway Design Group and its staff.
- Provide senior-level technical expertise including all aspects
of highway/roadway geometric design, pavement evaluation and
design, conventional drainage design, stormwater management design,
preparation of erosion and sediment control plans, NEPA process
coordination, environmental permitting, right-of-way plans, utility
coordination and design, preparation of traffic signing and
striping plans and traffic control staging plans, cross sections
and preparation of final construction plans and
- Responsible for the technical and overall project management
for multiple transportation design projects involving highway
widening, intersection/corridor improvements, intersection
re-alignments, roadway reconstruction, new highway/roadway
alignments, transportation alternative/enhancements and bridge
replacement/rehabilitations with quality and profitability, for
private and public sector clients.
- Identify, pursue, and obtain new transportation design
projects, new clients, and grow the design services and development
of the design group staff in the greater Lehigh Valley area and in
the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Deliver exceptional and personal service to both private sector
and public sector clients.
- Work closely with the Lehigh Valley Office Lead to expand
McMahons presence in the Lehigh Valley and coordinate business
development and workload effort with the design group and other
service groups in the region.
- The position requires leadership skills, exceptional technical
and interpersonal skills, and frequent interaction with both
private sector and public sector clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical proficiency in geometric design, storm water
management and conventional drainage design using current
standards, specifications and methods for highway, roadway and
- Exposure to complex highway design projects a must, with
knowledge of structural/bridge design, a plus
- Knowledge of permitting requirements and soil erosion and
sediment control standards. Experience with environmental
- Proven successful track record with PennDOT highway design
projects, including managing sub-consultants.
- Attend client meetings, presentations and public hearings.
- Capable of training and developing a design staff.
- Experience with design/build projects, a plus.
- Possess outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- Business development skill and business savvy.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microstation, a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of engineering design software,
MS Word, MS Excel, and other relevant technical programs.
- The role requires day-to-day management and mentoring of staff
- BSCE in Civil Engineering with Transportation emphasis
- Currently 10+ years of progressive experience in transportation
- Pennsylvania P.E. Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside
weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer
use. This position may include occasional lifting up to 25
This position may risk exposure to bright/dim light, noise,
fumes, odors, and traffic.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes
from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender,
gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
disability, age, or any other protected classification under
national or local law.
Keywords: McMahon Associates, Allentown , Project Manager (Transportation - Design), Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!