Maintenance Technician - Brewing
Company: The Boston Beer Company, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire
the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking
people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we
play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Maintenance Technician- Brewing in
This position requires a high level of mechanical knowledge,
some electrical, including but not limited to the responsibilities
listed below. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept
"operational responsibility" as well as willing to work any shift
including weekends. This position reports to the Maintenance
What You'll Do:
- Must be able to work with a team-oriented, "Safety First"
approach. Safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain
department and brewery objectives.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships among peers
- Must observe and practice all Department/Brewery Procedures.
Including the proper use of all PPE, this may include but is not
limited to; voluntary respirators, bump caps, safety shoes, hearing
protection, and eye protection in conjunction with all GMP
- Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process malfunctions,
must be fluent in mechanical troubleshooting, electrical
troubleshooting a plus.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission
equipment. Knowledge of Gear boxes, mechanical drives, and variable
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Knowledge
of Cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul process pumps, automatic control
valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, basic electrical AC/DC
troubleshooting, and related systems.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives,
belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping
- On a daily basis, communicate with coworkers, face to face,
Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas
What We're Looking For:
- High school diploma and applicable technical knowledge
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment, build and
maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Experience in installation and repair of mechanical,
electrical, pumps and valve cluster arrangements required.
- Excellent mechanical troubleshooting ability, electrical a
- Trending Data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding
- Experience with VFD's, control systems (PLC's/HMI's),
electrical protective devices with knowledge of calibration
procedures and equipment including Fluke and Transcat.
- Skilled in application and use of mechanical tools, hand tools,
and power tools.
- Skilled in machine shop to machine within specific tolerance
using various measuring equipment.
- Skilled in welding, sanitary welding, pipe fitting, soldering
and rigging is desired. Verniers, calipers, and depth gauges
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a "get-it-done,
- Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly
changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking,
standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing,
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday
schedules as required.
- 4-6 years' experience and demonstrated history of
troubleshooting and repairing equipment (described above) and
personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers
(PLC), and Networking devices. Allen Bradley and Modicon experience
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) a
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required.
- Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We not only have
to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them
too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive
compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent
healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program
with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure
reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's
Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request
accommodation in the job application process can contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Keywords: The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Allentown , Maintenance Technician - Brewing, Other , Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!