Prepared Foods Manager - AIRPORT ROAD
Company: Redner's Markets Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Food Service Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORTS TO: Store Director and Director of Food Service
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities
of the Food Service Department to achieve maximum sales and profit
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques and "special events"
within a food service setting.
- To oversee and execute all operation objects set forth for the
Food Service department. The food service department will include
all hot foods, salad bar, store made sandwiches and salads..
- Responsible for managing the budget and department expenses,
sanitation, safety, regulatory compliance, menu development,
preparation and service of food.
- Responsible to check and verify all Food Service department
deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from
- Responsible for maintain acceptable inventory levels to ensure
the highest quality of freshness of all products.
- Meet profit objectives by controlling food, supply, and labor
costs and maximizing sales potential through aggressive marketing
and/or promotions while controlling shrink.
- Record, track, and maintain inventory levels of product used
for food preparation. This includes conducting physical inventories
- Responsible to help assist in unloading and transporting the
prepared food merchandise to sales floor or storage areas.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work
areas. Assesses sanitation practices and establishes sanitary
controls as required by the county and/or state health department
and company policy.
- Handle damages and spoiled products according to company
policies and procedures.
- Ensure favorable image with guests through a clean, attractive
and friendly food preparation and serving by complying with
sanitation, safety, and security company policies.
- Plan, develop, maintain, and execute food preparation tools
essential to managing inventory and production while controlling
- Observe state and health department regulations pertaining to
food safety and sanitation and to also maintain a housekeeping
program to ensure a clean and orderly department.
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and
measures, and food labeling laws.
- Effectively train and develop food preparation employees on
programs, equipment function, and fundamental cooking principles.
Supervise and schedule personnel to achieve highest quality of
- Abide by and enforce all company policies as stated in the
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts regular departmental meetings for the entire staff to
communicate plans, programs and policies, in order to teach,
resolve problems, and seek suggestions for improvement.
- To oversee the prepared food department and assist in slicing
and making prepared food trays when necessary.
- Assists in the hiring, training, appraisal, and discipline of
the food service employees.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years' prior experience in food service management,
retail department management, guest relations, and/or customer
- Must have to ability to read and write to properly tag
merchandise, order merchandise, and maintain an acceptable
- Basic analytical and math skills necessary for interpreting
invoices, gross profits, and labor percentages.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to
quickly and effectively resolve issues that arise with both staff
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills for
dealing with guests, employees, supervision, and vendors.
- Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food
handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates. ServSafe
certification or comparable required.
- While performing the duties of this job, candidate will be
required to stand for extended periods of time (2hrs+). Situations
will require lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling,
occasionally having to lift objects up to, and possibly over, 50
- Basic computer skills essential with heavy focus on Microsoft
- Must be a vibrant and dynamic personality with a high level of
enthusiasm and a sincere passion for working with people and
Keywords: Redner's Markets Inc., Allentown , Prepared Foods Manager - AIRPORT ROAD, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!