3rd Shift Machine Operator $23/hr
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Description Summary
As a Machine Operator you will work at the Allentown, PA Metem a
GE Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of
production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of
safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
- Set-up and operate CNC, EDM, and/or ECM machines to perform
machining operations, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal
castings, forgings and bar stock according to specifications and
set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Study blueprint and set-up instructions to determine machining
required, dimensional specifications, work procedures and methods.
Determine tool lengths, maintain tool change list and program
- Install work holding devices such as blocks and tooling on
table of machine using hand tools. Lift work piece on table
manually or with other material handling equipment and position and
secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
- Select and install tooling, place electrodes in
automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on
- Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with
data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates
and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each
- Inspect first-run piece, maintain measured dimension list.
Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications
using micrometer and precision dial gauges.
- Notify supervisor if machined first piece does not conform to
specifications or of machine malfunction. Deburr all pieces as per
specifications and good machining practice. Troubleshoot production
- Troubleshoot production, machine and quality problems.
- Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by
- Maintain company production and quality standards.
- Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
- Observe company safety rules and regulations.
- Perform, as assigned, other similar and related duties.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
- Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example:
safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
- Successful completion of a background check and drug
- Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and
- Basic mechanical skills needed
- Proficient shop math skills
- Has strong ethical stands and integrity
- Experience in manufacturing preferred
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents
- Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal
instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop
- Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
- Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
- Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal
- Has a strong belief in Metem, a GE Power business, and the
exciting opportunities it is pursuing
- Base pay $23/hr
- 2nd and 3rd shift differential 10%
- Comprehensive benefit package (including retirement, medical,
dental, vision, 12 paid holidays and more...)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens,
permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the
Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to
access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of
status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Allentown , 3rd Shift Machine Operator $23/hr, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!