Posted on: June 13, 2021
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools
across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that
give more than 35 million students and their families access to
thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a
lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Warehouse Lead to support our
local branch team. This full time position offers medical, dental
and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on
Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Qualified candidates will be able to support the Branch Manager
and the Warehouse Supervisor in the execution of the day-to-day
warehouse activities of a branch in the Book Fair Organization.
This candidate will support our mission to encourage reading and
promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and
respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with new-hire orientation and train associates on all
Product Coordinator - Level I, II, and III functions.
- Under the supervision of a warehouse supervisor or branch
manager, direct a small team of associates in one or more
functional areas of the facility, i.e., Case Production, Table
Production, UPS, Fair Finishing, 2nd shift, etc.
- Assist the warehouse supervisor to train, coach, mentor, and
motivate the warehouse team.
- Serve as designated branch trainer, for all new processes,
- Assist the warehouse supervisor in planning and presenting
branch or departmental daily start-up meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate basic product scanner proficiency (i.e.,
ordering replenishment) effectively with minimal errors.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read documents in English, such as safety rules,
operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and direct
- Forklift experience is a plus (If certified - must be at least
18 years of age).
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 50 lbs occasionally
on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 30 lbs to a height
of 70" occasionally on a daily basis.
- Must be able to push wheeled cases, which may weigh in excess
of 300 lbs, with an initial force of up to 50 lbs and a sustained
force of up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, reach above and below the shoulders,
squat, bend and kneel as necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to tolerate work in a non-air conditioned
- Must be able to accurately follow specific instructions for
multiple detailed assembly processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Scholastic, Allentown , Warehouse Lead, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!