POSITION TITLE: Meat Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Director/Meat Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Exempt - 45 Hours
Direct and manage all functions and activities of Meat
Department to achieve sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Prepares a weekly schedule based on projected sales, volume
and work load.
2) Along with Store Director, work out localized merchandising
plans for the department.
3) Follow approved Meat Department plans for effective space
management based on movement, consumer demand and
4) Order merchandise and control inventory to minimize
out-of-stock and overstocks, and to maximize sales.
5) Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price
marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, accuracy
and product rotation.
6) Control department expenses.
7) Take action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses.
8) Effectively supervise, train, schedule, and conducts annual
performance reviews on all Meat Department personnel.
9) Follow planned program of maintenance on cases, coolers
refrigeration and meat department personnel.
10) Ensure favorable department image with customers through a
clean, attractive and friendly department.
11) Maintain and submit required records, reports, and bi-weekly
12) Observe local conditions and competitive activity relating
to the Meat Department and keep others informed.
13) Maintain good communications and competitive activity
relating to the Meat Department and keep other informed.
14) Observe State and health regulations.
15) Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights
and measures, and labeling laws.
16) Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights
and labeling laws.
17) Greet all customers and be observant.
18) Must ensure that all employees follow proper "lock out/tag
out" procedure while repairing or cleaning mechanical or electrical
19) Receive, weigh, and breakdown meat and related products.
20) Cut and trim all merchandise as directed by company
21) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) High school education minimum requirement.
2) Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order
and maintain inventory and to insure proper rotations of
3) Above average analytical skills necessary to study and
interpret various reports to keep the department profitable.
4) Should have at least two years experience as a meat
5) Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
for dealing with customers, employees and vendors.