Perioperative Inventory Control - Full Time
Company: St Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: June 11, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Unit Clerk/Perioperative Inventory Associate is responsible
for the efficient management of the daily surgery schedule and for
all clerical functions including obtaining necessary equipment for
surgery schedule. Works collaboratively with other patient team
personnel in patient care delivery. The Unit Clerk/Perioperative
Inventory Assistant performs tasks consistent with the hospital
policy, the hospital Mission Statement, and the Philosophy of the
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquires information on surgical procedures scheduled for
current day and communicates this information to the nurse in
- Initiates phone calls as required.
- Communicates the arrival times of surgeons and assistants to
operating rooms, nursing staff and Anesthesia Department.
- Calls all nursing units and confirms patient's names, room
numbers, procedures, surgeons, and times of surgery.
- Notifies Xray Department of any procedures requiring a
- Calls all nursing units to initiate administration of
pre-operative medication under the direction of the R.N.
- Notifies Xray, Blood Bank, PACU, Instrument Room, Holding Room,
Nurse Manager, and Anesthesiologist of any added procedure or
- Enters orders for laboratory studies into the computer.
- Plans with vendors to coordinate requested equipment for cases
utilizing Unite OR
- Verifies all charges from Anesthesia and O.R. nursing
- Participates in identifying unit needs and supporting unit
goals and objectives.
- Maintains responsibility for own development through active
participation in in-services and/or continuing education
- Complies with established chain of command for work related
- Demonstrates awareness of unit budget.
- Takes an active role in CQI.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Sit up to 7 hours per day; 4 hours at a time. Walk 1 hour per
day; 20 minutes at a time. Consistently required to use manual
dexterity for fingering and handling. Frequently lifts objects up
to 10 lbs. Frequently reaches above shoulder level. Must be able to
perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to
hear as it relates to normal conversation, high and low
frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near,
far, color, and peripheral vision. Ability to tolerate visual
High School graduate/GED
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Demonstrates competency in computer skills. Knowledge of medical
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a
profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: St Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Perioperative Inventory Control - Full Time, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!