Certified Nursing Assistant (part-time, days)
Company: St Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: June 10, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care to
residents/patients with ADL needs under the direction of a licensed
registered nurse and in accordance with facility policies and
procedures and to report resident/patient needs and concerns to
licensed nurse in a timely and thorough manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established current CNA performance standards and
performs duties according to nursing service policies and
- Follows written and oral directions.
- Assists new peer employees in following established facility
policies and procedures.
- Identifies resident/patient problems and concerns and report
them immediately to the registered nurse.
- Completes assignments in a timely, complete and accurate
- Conducts resident/patient rounds as assigned.
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates immediate corrective
actions and report same to the RN.
- Attends all in-service or outside classes as assigned and
completes assignments cheerfully and with a positive work
- Documents incidents and/or unusual problems according to
established facility policy/procedures.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team and other facility
meetings as assigned.
- Follows facility policies and procedures for admission,
discharge and transfer.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and thoroughly.
- Actively listens to resident/patient family concerns and
reports problems to the registered nurse.
- Assures residents/patients have call lights, fluids for
hydration needs and other necessary resident/patient items within
- Functions as a role model, resource person and preceptor for
orientation of new personnel.
- Takes and active role in performance improvement
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to:
perceive attributes of an object through touch.
hear as it relates to normal conversation.
see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral
frequently stoop and bend.
move and use hands easily and skillfully while aiding
able to withstand stressful situations and deal effectively with
able to lift and move residents/patients using proper body
- ability to withstand high stress situations.
High School Graduate or GED required. Completion of course for
Certified Nursing Assistants. Basic Computer knowledge CPR
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a
profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: St Luke's University Health Network, Allentown , Certified Nursing Assistant (part-time, days), Other , Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!