Clinical Specialist - Abbott Nutrition - Upper Midwest Territory
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac,
PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help
get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in the Upper Midwest Territory, currently has an
opportunity for a Clinical Specialist.
The Clinical Specialist is a Sales Role. The Clinical Specialist
is responsible for moving decision-making customers to action to
include early nutrition intervention in initiatives that will
change system clinical practice. The Clinical Specialist will
interface with key healthcare customers to drive strategies and
programs and will provide technical and scientific support for
Abbott Nutrition concepts.
- The Territory will include Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct clinically- and evidence- based business meetings or
presentations with targeted customer call points with the intent of
driving change in practice and the way nutrition intervention is
incorporated into patient care.
- Initiate contact with, and maintain relationships with the
C-Suite and hospital owned physician groups in targeted accounts.
Build and leverage relationships with key decision makers within
targeted accounts to maintain, grow and gain business.
- Coordinate and lead communication/collaboration among Field
Sales Force in targeted accounts.
- Maintain membership(s) in professional organizations and
participate in key conferences or meetings for networking,
leveraging relationships and expanded educational
- Effectively engage with customers, key opinion leaders and
sales force to drive educational messaging on major pediatric
nutrition brand initiatives across the portfolio.
- Utilize promotional and non-promotional materials and clinical
studies to effectively communicate the clinical and scientific
benefits of Abbott Nutrition products to targeted healthcare
- Deliver nutrition science related information and lectures to
customers and external key opinion leaders to support business
- Stay current on standards of care and nutrition practice as it
relates to Abbott Nutrition strategy and maintain up-to-date
knowledge of current scientific literature and healthcare reform to
drive existing business as well as innovation across Abbott
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive products, sales
messages, key competitive features and benefits and how this
relates to Abbott Nutrition line of products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Must possess a minimum of a BS/BA (MS or PhD preferred) degree
and have clinical experience as Registered Dietitian in the Acute
Care Hospital setting and a minimum 5 years of relevant productive
& progressive experience.
- Direct experience in a level 3-4 NICU, experience with infant
- Ability to interface with highly clinical customers and must
possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as
strong and persuasive presentation
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively in
a team environment on multiple tasks is required.
- Ability to work constructively and decisively with external and
internal customers and key opinion leaders.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare environment.
- Sales experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
(Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Allentown , Clinical Specialist - Abbott Nutrition - Upper Midwest Territory, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!