Vendor Planner (2715-056)
Company: Knoll, Inc.
Location: East Greenville
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Knoll, Inc. is a constellation of design-driven brands and
people, working together with our clients in person and digitally
to create inspired modern interiors. Our internationally recognized
portfolio includes furniture, textiles, leathers, lighting,
accessories, and architectural and acoustical elements. Our brands
- Knoll Office, KnollStudio, KnollTextiles, KnollExtra, Spinneybeck
| FilzFelt, Edelman Leather, HOLLY HUNT, DatesWeiser, Muuto, and
Fully - reflect our commitment to modern design that meets the
diverse requirements of high-performance workplaces, work from home
settings and luxury residential interiors. A recipient of the
National Design Award for Corporate and Institutional Achievement
from the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, we
can help organizations achieve Leadership in Energy and
Environmental Design (LEED), Living Building Challenge and WELL
Building workplace certifications. To learn more about our
initiatives to support more inclusive and diverse communities,
The Vendor Planner/Scheduler is responsible for planning and
scheduling of raw material, component parts, services and/or
finished goods to support the customer order schedule and ship
date. Follow-up with suppliers to ensure quality and their on-time
performance to the plan. Responsibilities for this position include
- Have a working knowledge of MRP (Material Requirements
Planning), purchasing policies, procedures and processes.
- Review MRP weekly/daily and procure component parts based on
production requirements and supplier capacities.
- Utilize capacity scheduling tools to effectively balance
workloads across multiple product lines and processes within each
supplier for component parts and finished goods.
- Facilitate communication to develop action plans to resolve
supply constraints and/or bottlenecks.
- Maintain and manage cashflow (expedite, closeout, de-expedite,
- Review all safety stock/reorder point on component parts as
required by business conditions.
- Monitor inventory levels to objectives; timely follow-up on
discrepancies, negative inventory issues.
- Reconcile any shortage situation.
- Review excess and obsolete inventory and take required action
to meet corporate goals.
- Identify and implement cost reductions
- Coordinate the movement of Knoll supplied materials to
- Support KnollStudio Quality with regards to RN/warranty
recovery with timely disposition of rejected materials.
- Support KnollStudio supplier on-time and department ship
- Facilitate iSupplier issues with suppliers; arranging vendor
direct shipments when necessary.
- Reconcile invoice problems with Accounts Payable.
- Bachelor's degree or three to five years (3-5) experience in a
- Working knowledge of vendor scheduling concept/MRP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: MS Excel, Access and
- International purchasing experience a plus.
- JD Edwards and Oracle experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical, problem solving capability.
- Ability to prioritize
- Team oriented and customer focused individual.
Knoll is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment
selection and related decisions are made without regard to race,
color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information,
veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal,
state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to
a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities
Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require accommodation due
to a disability at any time during the application or interview
process, please contact Talent Acquisition at
Keywords: Knoll, Inc., Allentown , Vendor Planner (2715-056), Other , East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!