Company: Merck KGaA
Posted on: June 9, 2021
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of
discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works
and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life
Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the
world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and
vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a
business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our
purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing
digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of
high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the
electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a
global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have
the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly
curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of
science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization.
External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
This position will support the discovery and development of new
synthesis and purification processes for the semiconductor
materials industry, with a particular focus on new gas-phase
materials with challenging chemistry. The selected candidate will
be responsible to conduct laboratory operations, monitor
experiments, and assist with the construction of experimental
apparatus under the guidance of the lead investigator. This is an
active, hands-on role working in an R&D laboratory environment.
Example activities include:
- Fabricating and assembling experimental apparatus and lab-scale
chemical flow systems
- Setting up and executing experiments
- Collecting and reporting data
- Operating analytical equipment
- Troubleshooting equipment and systems
- Purchasing chemicals or consumables for the lab
- Assisting with the fulfillment of experimental products
- Participating in hazard reviews for new experimental
- Perform moderate physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work
near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or
hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and
the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask,
safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves,
safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in the physical sciences or chemical
engineering or mechanical engineering OR associate degree in the
physical sciences, chemical technology, engineering, or engineering
technology and 2+ years experience in a chemistry-based
- Experience fabricating laboratory systems and/or piping
- R&D experience
- Experience working with materials relevant to the semiconductor
- Experience operating analytical equipment such as GC and
- Experience with electronic data acquisition and
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, adapting to new
concepts, equipment, and chemical systems quickly
- Attention to safety and quality
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break
new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our
diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw
your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: Merck KGaA, Allentown , R&D Technician, Other , Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!