Senior Brewery Systems Infrastructure Specialist
Company: The Boston Beer Company, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Our mission at The Boston Beer Company is to bring the
highest-quality products to the U.S. beer drinker. To answer that
mission, we are creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the
differences in both our people and our brands.Our diversity makes
us stronger, and when you bring your authentic self to work, we are
a stronger, more innovative, and more sustainable company &
As a fast-paced, growing company with a strong family of brands
(Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head, Angry Orchard, Twisted Tea, and Truly
Hard Seltzer), we seek constantly to challenge the status quo. We
are always looking for hardworking, talented, and passionate people
(that means you!) to join our team.
We are The Boston Beer Company, and together we are heavy.
We are currently hiring a Senior Brewery Systems Infrastructure
Specialist in our Breinigsville, PA brewery.
The Senior Brewery Systems Infrastructure Specialist is
responsible for managing all facets of the corporate and process
information infrastructure at Boston Beer's breweries. This
position will work closely with other elements of the IT department
as well as engineering, operations and all other brewery functions
to develop, implement and drive standards across the breweries as
well as identify, evaluate, and implement solutions to enable BBC's
chosen business and automation technologies to meet the needs of
What You'll Do:
- Travel to BBC Breweries to Specify / Design / Implement Brewery
- Management of the corporate and process control information
networks at all BBC breweries including, physical cabling, network
core and switch implementation / maintenance, firewall security,
VPN configuration and efficient network use and performance
- Management of all physical servers at all breweries (corporate
and process related), including performance monitoring, hardware
maintenance, and software upgrades to ensure all systems are
functional and updated for appropriate information flow throughout
- Management of the virtualization infrastructure at all
breweries (corporate and process related), including host and
virtual machine performance monitoring, hardware maintenance,
software upgrades and commissioning of new virtual machines as
necessary to ensure all systems are functional and updated for
appropriate information flow throughout the breweries
- Management of the telecommunication systems (digital, analog
and IP phone infrastructure) at all breweries including
troubleshooting and making changes as necessary.
- Management of all Internet and P2P connection technologies
- Management of all wireless infrastructure and devices deployed
at manufacturing facilities
- Management of all handhelds and forklift terminals
- Responsible for patches, backups/restores and user information
to ensure complete security and back up of all brewery data
(corporate and process related).
- Lead the development & maintenance of standards related to
system infrastructure, documentation and integration.
- Lead the development & implementation of strategies for
upgrade, expansion, continuous improvement, life cycle, and
preventive maintenance of the corporate and automation information
systems at all breweries.
- Implement and enforce security standards and controls: (Access,
Virus Protection, etc).
- Participate as team member on engineering projects that require
data infrastructure resources.
- Delegate infrastructure tasks to other IT members as
appropriate (Support staff / other infrastructure resources).
- Act as primary contact with hardware and software vendors.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for our network
configurations at all breweries.
- Adhere to IT department policies and procedures when performing
tasks so as to ensure controls are in place and departmental goals
What We're Looking For:
- 10 years data networking and computer systems experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of data networks,
especially those in a plant automation setting.
- Extensive demonstrated experience and ability with:
- Cisco Network Hardware
- VMWare Virtualization technology
- SAN infrastructure
- Avaya Telecommunication systems (digital, analog and IP based
- Windows operating systems including 2003, 2008 and 2012
- Ability to interact with and work successfully at all levels
within the organization
- Strong troubleshooting skills - applicant must be able to
determine the causes of complex problems and recommend practical
and effective solutions
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete or conflicting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Automation systems experience a plus
- Experience with Linux operating systems a plus.
- Experience with Wonderware automation products such as InTouch,
ArchestrA, Historian and MES a plus
- Experience with development languages and tools a plus
- Experience with SQLServer Databases a plus
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We not only have
to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them
too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive
compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent
healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program
with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure
reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's
Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request
accommodation in the job application process can contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Keywords: The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Allentown , Senior Brewery Systems Infrastructure Specialist, Other , Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!