St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.
- REMOTE work option available within local geography
The Sr. Software Engineer serves as a full stack SME and
performs complex research, design, and software development
assignments within a software functional area or product line,
provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and SDLC best
practices in the development of cross functional software products
focused on Integrations and Inter-operability.
This role designs and implements across multiple systems, both
front end and back end with different technology areas; mentor
junior members of the team and interact with
users/customers/internal stakeholders to help articulate business
problems into technical requirements.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentors junior team members in the design and programming of
software applications, API's applications.
- Deep experience in distributed microservices and full stack
systems to create API solutions but not limited to - web services,
FHIR, HL7 that help meet regulatory needs for the company and
enabling front end B2B and B2C applications.
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS/Azure, champion
newer technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers, CI/CD.
- Is a champion of automation helping adopt DevSecOps
- Experience with cutting-edge solutions in the space of IoT
based on requirements. Design and implement full-stack IoT
solutions on Cloud IoT Platforms.
- Follows SDLC best practices and coding best practices, code
reviews and TDD/BDD.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to
understand and finalize complex Integration requirements,
workflows, data flows, design, architecture and deliver robust
cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to our
- Passionate about staying on top of tech trends especially in
cloud, experimenting with and learning new technologies,
participating in internal & external technology communities,
mentoring other members of the team
- Troubleshoot and debugs code developed by themselves as well as
- Help implement proper data protection and storage, secure and
performant solutions that adhere to defined standards.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall,
etc. as deemed fit for purpose) while collaborating with key
stakeholders. Is able to run Scrum/Kanban meets
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Is readily available and easily able to handle high pressure
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY DEMANDS:
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing
for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2
hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Seeing as it relates to general,
near, color, and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal
and telephone conversations.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems,
engineering, or other related field required
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 yrs. of Programming experience on various stack,
primarily on JAVA/OpenSource stack;
- 3+ years of Full stack Software Development experience, focused
on microservices and streaming/async messaging/IoT
- Experienced in developing a secure and scalable backend/API
layer/streaming messaging service;
- Experience with Java 8+ (11 preferred), Spring Framework suite
- OpenSource frameworks, Jenkins, TDD using mock library, React
- Experience in Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL/Graph database) and
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and or Microsoft
- Experience with Microservices Architecture/Patterns and
- Experience with best practices for implementations using Agile
- Experience in Agile practices (Scrum/Kanban) and development
tools like JIRA, Confluence, Github/Bitbucket;
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Is an excellent
team player required
Previous experience with Epic interconnect or bridges
Previous healthcare experience preferred
preferred, GraphQ, ETL tools
Experienced in developing, operationalizing and maintaining
enterprise grade B2C web applications preferred
Previous experience with Kafka/Kinesis, Spark and or other
AWS/Azure services preferred
Experience with Apache Software Foundation preferred
Familiarity with MS Office Products preferred
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a
profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity