Associate Process Engineer - Manufacturing & Production
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Associate Process Engineer - Manufacturing and Production.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures
for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a
leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering
commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher
Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional
commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal
responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused
on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical
trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling,
storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform
clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services
has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while
ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance,
reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
Location/Division Specific Information
CTD partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers around
the world to ensure the right patients get the right therapies in
the right doses at the right time - a concept that we internally
embrace as "There is a Patient Waiting." Our unique blend of
services includes project management, packaging, distribution,
transportation management and specialty logistics, ancillary supply
management, clinical supply optimization, bio-repository storage
and much more. Our more than 3000 employees in over 15 countries
work hard every day knowing that what they do matters.
How will you make an impact?
As part of our global team, what you do contributes directly to
our mission; enabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
The individual will establish a solid focus on long-term
continuous improvement activities through interaction with the
entire Engineering and Operations Staff. Recommend methods for
improving worker efficiency, reducing waste, and utilities such as
restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating
workstations, equipment, and justify and oversee purchase of new
equipment / technology. Recommend and lead cost saving initiatives
as it relates to business objectives, current projects, future
investments in technology and Production / Manufacturing processes.
Will lead and manage multiple project engineering driven
assignments from start to finish with sound project management
How will you get here?
- A four-year, Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited
college and/or university in Engineering with 3 years of equivalent
experience or High School Diploma with 7-10 years in relevant GMP,
pharmaceutical, medical device, or food experience.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I's:
Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and involvement
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Establishes a solid focus on long-term continuous improvement
activities through interaction with the entire Engineering and
Operations Staff. Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency
and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring
job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and
equipment, and purchase of new equipment / technology
- Collaborates with Production to modify workflow barriers and
arrangements in order to increase throughput
- Recognizes and Resolves process flow barriers through daily
observations and interaction with production personnel
- Recommends and leads cost saving initiatives as it relates to
business objectives, current Projects, and future investments in
technology and Production / Manufacturing processes
- Drives engineering project initiatives to increase machine
speeds, reduce labor hours, and reduce reject rates.
- Completes deviation investigations, change controls and
- Evaluates and standardizes machine setups to maximize both run
speed and quality.
- Utilize SMED initiatives to streamline processes and
- Incorporates Six Sigma techniques to enhance quality and reduce
- Provides and maintains other supporting documentation for
designs and projects
- Proficient in leading and managing multiple project engineering
driven assignments from start to finish with sound project
- Provides individual project schedules and specifications to
- Provides technical specifications for Engineering project
designs, and machine upgrades
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Well versed in process improvement, industrial design
applications that pertain to a job shop environment. Prior
mechanical and process equipment experience preferred.
- Must be results oriented and comfortable training and coaching
- Must have a baseline level of mechanical aptitude established
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to multitask and respond to shifting
- Must be proficient with computer software (MS Office) and have
expertise with spreadsheets.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and
- Experience in food, medical device, or pharmaceutical packaging
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and PPI
- Mastery of skills required to read, understand, and adhere to
the SOPs and policies of a GMP environment.
- Must be able to physically perform duties of position which
include: Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Position involves prolonged
sitting but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of
time. May need to stoop, reach, or bend.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 67,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
This job description is intended to describe the general nature
and level of work assigned to individual filling this position.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties or skills required. This job description
is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the
department and business change
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Allentown , Associate Process Engineer - Manufacturing & Production, Other , Allentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!